“All about the safety”

The Dive Ao Nang
Ranked #2 of 48 Tours in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you are thinking about travel in Thailand, then diving in Thailand is something you should try.The Dive Ao Nang is a quality minded PADI dive center in Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand. As a diver, we will give you the best possible service and experience.We can offer you diving that is rich in marine life, corals and colors. Our Dive Trips are mainly around Koh Phi Phi, but we can also provide other locations, such as: Similans islands, Hin Daeng, Hin Meuang, Shark point and Ao Nang local islands.Our Courses are PADI dive courses, which is the most popular dive organisation in the world. With a PADI certification, you can dive anywhere in the world. The Dive Ao Nang Team speaks English, Thai, Danish and German.
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I'll gladly add a 5 star review to the list. I was lucky to have 2 instructors for my PADI open water course:Shane who was a great teacher, a funny guy and passionate about diving and protecting the underwater environment. And Jogi, who was instructor in training, super helpful and took pictures ( as per my special request ), you are going to be a great instructor Jogi:). The whole organization was very professional. They take the PADI certification very serious, no skipping corners or taking shortcuts. I found the mask clearing horrific, but it's an important part of the training and the guys were very patient with me as I suffered through it :). They also pointed out many cool and special fish that I would have never spotted on my own. I highly recommend them for PADI certifications
Liz, the owner was also very accommodating. Pictures during a PADI are not normally part of the deal because the focus is on you getting trained. I lucked out with the two instructors so it was possible.
Liz, if I can have one small tip: maybe offer to have 3 pictures or so for people, they could just be taken underwater at the very end of the course and that would only take a minute and would provide a nice souvenir.
Overall, A+ experience. Thank you team!

lertlid, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Debbie H,
Thank you very much for your review.
We are glad to see you enjoy the course with us.
We hope you will continue for the next step.
We are waiting for you to do the next course and this time you can take the camera and make some pictures on your own. ( training the proper way to use the camera).
Also thank you for the tip we will do it. :)

Hope to see you again soon.
Liz & The Dive Ao Nang Team

"beautiful fish"
"nice boat"
"his knowledge"

Reviewed 5 May 2014

From the moment we walked into the shop to be fitted for our equipment, Liz made us feel very comfortable and ensured we had everything we needed for a great dive. They had lots of sizes and mask options to be sure that we found the right fit. The Dive team out on the boat was fantastic. Every guide spent time answering our many questions, especially our guide, Claire. Thanks to the efforts and work of the Dive team, we had a great and fun day diving in Phi Phi islands. I highly recommend the Dive!

lertlid, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Cagrl2013
Thank you very much for your review.
We had a great day out with you too.

We hope to see you back diving with us soon.

Liz & The Dive Ao Nang Team

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I would like to thank The Dive for the professional attitude to diving and the safety first approach. Along with that the staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. I wanted to dive three sites, Shark Point, The Wreck and Anemome but another dive operator cancelled at the last minute and would not re-arrange during my time in Krabi.

The Dive came to the rescue by organising the whole trip all I had to do was turn up and dive. Nothing was too much trouble and I will definatley dive with them again in the near future, Some of the group did DSD and they really enjoyed this and will go forward to do their open water shortly.

Once again many thanks for some great dives and I wish you all the best for the future. If your going to Krabi to dive then I highly reccomend contact these guys and giving them a go.

Dear Paul W
Thank you for your review.
We do our best to serve our guests needs.
We are happy you enjoyed the time with us.

We hope we will see you and your group for the Open Water Diver course soon.

The Dive Ao Nang Team

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had several dives with Bjørn, the co-owner of The Dive, and he also organized a dive/snorkel trip for a group of 20 people I was travelling with. I've been diving in many different places and Bjørn is still my all-time favorite dive instructor. It's not just his friendly, relaxed and personal style, it's also his professional and safety-first attitude, and his deep care for the protection of underwater life. In addition to all that he also really means it when he says he cares about customer service - he was always on time, the equipment was always of top quality, in top shape as well as checked and ready to use. For a dive around Ko Phi Phi he should be your no. 1 choice.

aonangcookie, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi.

Thank you very much for your kind word. We are only doing what we love to do.
You are welcome back any time.

Bjørn

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 April 2014

These guys really do not need to receive yet another great review! However, we wanted to add our words of praise for this very professional and friendly organisation.

A special thank you to Curtis who really went the extra mile for two 'older' divers who needed a bit of extra help! We must have sounded like a stuck record talking about the amazing diving we had done (12 years ago!) in the Red Sea, but The Dive gave us a fantastic day of diving and their knowledge and experience meant that we saw some wonderful stuff at some great sites. My own favourite was the turtle - but Curtis' excitement about the the ghost pipe fish was quite infectious! And we will never forget the sensation of being in among that great shoal of little fish while the barracudas swooped in on them.

We had a great day with The Dive and although we had done the PADI Refresher Course in advance, their expertise did a lot to improve our diving confidence. Thanks to all.

Diana and Andy. April 1st 2014.

1  Thank AndianaOxfordshire

Dear AndianaOxfordshir

Thank you very much for your review.
We are very happy to received every reviews.
This help us to improve ourself.

We did enjoy the day diving with you too.
We hope you do not wait another 12 years to dive again. :)

We hope we see you under the water with The Dive Ao Nang soon again.

The Dive Ao Nang Team