Lanna Beach Guesthouse
Ranked #106 of 144 Speciality Lodging in Ao Nang
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was more then happy to stay in this guesthouse. Receptionist and all hotel staff was really helpful they always asked my feedbacks and if i need anything. The room was pretty good and clean. You can get aircon/fridge/tv with english channels/hot water and king size bed with this price.. its amazing. plus good destination. I can recommend families/backpackers basically to everyone..

Room Tip: go upstairs choose balcony room..
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank fillizof

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Good experience staying at the hostel.

5-10min walk to Ao Nang beach. It didn't feel like 5-10min because there was always something to see along the street. Within 5min walk to McDonald, StarBucks and Subway. Being on the main street has its advantage. I felt safe walking home after my massage that ended almost 11pm.

I booked a balcony room facing the main street, there was some music from the bar next door, but I was comfortable with some street noise. The room was of a decent size and clean. Free wi-fi was fast.

I booked an Island Hopping tour to Phi Phi through them at a good price and enjoyed myself during the tour.

Just don't bother with the massage palor on the ground floor. There are better options at a cheaper price further down along the road closer to the beach.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My two friends and I booked a double room and paid an extra 50% for a cot/3rd bed. Upon check-in we learned that the cot was actually a 2" foam pad that they placed on the floor between the bed and the wall. The room was not particularly clean, although it was in a decent location about a 10 minute walk from the beach. The staff was friendly but didn't speak much English.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner travel to ao nang in the middle of December.

We asked the taxi man who took us from the airport for a cheap and cheerful air condition room.

That's exactly what we got! Our room was clean there was no mould in the bathroom a/c worked perfectly actually one of the best a/c machines we had with a trip to thailand even in the 5star resorts we stayed in. Yes lock on the door was a little dodgy but we left no valuables inside our room and we didn't have a problem with it. The lady at reception was more then helpful and was seen polishing the reception floor several times.

Yeah the hostel is a front like a shop but if you wanted 5 star then pay 5star prices. Lanna beach is a budget room and you get what your given!

There's a 7/11 local and lots if bars. Which yes was very noisy but after a couple of Thai red bulls and vodkas you sleep well.

Ao nang is a lovely town and I would deferently return. I found the place very clean and the beach is lovely. Take a walk to the end of the beach to the left past all the massaged ladies. There are wooded steps which take you to a stunning private beach. Watch you sunglasses on the way though as the monkeys like to pinch them.

Back to lanna beach if your on a budget and don't mind a little bit if noise I would recommend lanna beach.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I booked this hotel through www.booking.com because of the good ratings on their website and the central location. I regretted it once I entered the room (which I already paid for downstairs). A very, very dirty bathroom with mould at the ceiling. I told the receptiondesk-lady about the critical reviews at Tripadvisor.com later. She never heard of this website and she would not believe until I showed her the reviews/pictures on my laptop. Apparently the room one floor higher had a waterleakage before, which caused the mould in my bathroom. On my request they did clean my bathroom-ceiling, but there were more issues, like a very dirty toiletbowl and tiles in the corners that were very greasy. I had to persuade them to buy tools (chlorine ...) at the nearby 7/11 because the two cleaning-ladies were not provided with the proper equipmenty to clean rooms....These two staff-members were nice and helpful, but it is unbelievable that the owners of this Guesthouse think that they can get away with this. They are "responsible" and should check the state of the rooms regularly, which they apparently do not.
Other issues: no remote-control for the tv, also after a second request I did not receive it, answer: "mai mie". The Reggae-bar next door is very noisy (untill 01.00AM), the same applies to the Road which sees a lot of traffic, day and night. Get your earplugs ready if you want to sleep! But, because of the nearby, good, inexpensive local restaurants I rated the location as average.
At night there is no security, (just a CCTV), when you come back late you have to pull up the door which is left half open, once inside you can choose a room-key. So............., take your own keys with you. All in all, avoid this "Guesthouse" , there are better options nearby, although you might have to pay a little bit more, but that's worth it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank cor838
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We spent one night here before catching the early ferry to Koh Lanta and it was perfect for what we needed. The room was simple (no window but air conditioned) but clean and location wise it was close enough to get to the pier early the next morning. Breakfast was not included but there is a great restaurant straight opposite that serves delicious cheap meals.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We had a room with terrible bathroom. The part of the ceiling was rotted and water was dripping just on our heads.
Do not trust the item in the description «SEA View». There is no sea view from this hotel. As we were told, this item means that the room has window. Other rooms have no windows at all.
In night time you can hear loud music from the nearest bar very well. So it can cause some troubles to have a sleep.

Room Tip: stay here only if you like to listen loud live music in night time
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple