“Very good, just a bit slow”
Review of E-San Seafood

E-San Seafood
Ranked #48 of 288 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Lovely food we had the Thai fish cakes, noodles and chicken and mango and sticky rice. Noodles took a long time to come but everything was really good. First try of mango and sticky rice and it was superb. We are going back tomorrow as we want Massaman Curry and we think this will be the best place to have it :) watch this Space

Reviewed 26 March 2014

It is located along 4203 road. this is the main road from krabi to aonang beach. It is hidden with the sign board at the back of the resto. It is a small seafood resto with only limited number of tables. They have plastic chairs. There is no a/c and it can be a bit warm. You only get a few fans.

The kitchen is in the front of the shop and you can see the chef cooking your food. She is an old lady and has been cooking for many years. At times you can see her grumbling but a good cook.

You can choose from the menu or you can order seafood and ask her to cook in the style you want. The food is reasonable and cheap but most important tasty.

Service can be a bit slow as she is the only one cook and you will have to wait for your turn. While waiting you can have a big bottle of cold beer for 80B (tiger beer).

3  Thank jeff1955malaysia
Reviewed 25 March 2014

we find it incidentally one night while we were walking,we stoped to see the menu book outside the restaurant because we were looking for lobster and a woman came to us,she was so so kind and smile face and with her way she made us to sit.The food was delicious and cheap(except some dishes like tiger shrimps which cost depends to gr or kilos)and there was so many choices from the menu and all the plates decorated and well served,the staff were smiley,kind and helpful!we ate there 4 times for me it was great choice.

2  Thank Maria-adventurer
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I walked past this resort every day/night as was on the way to our hotel. Its right at the end of the main street and set back behind some clothing stalls so it would be easy to miss. We could tell just by looking at it that it was something special. Simple plastic chairs and tables, a big happy woman at the front, a simple, rustic atmosphere that didn't try to be anything it wasn't. Simple, delicious Thai food with a typical thai price tag (cheap), cheerful service and no frills. However we did notice that the chefs in the kitchen were all done up in proper chef hats and uniforms - odd - but fitting as the food was INCREDIBLE!
We chose a variety of typical Thai dishes to share - fish cakes, green papaya salad, penang curry - to name a few. We were left very satisfied and talking about how good the food was for days later. In fact we went there again on our last night which is a huge compliment considering the large number of restaurants to choose from in Ao Nang!
Anyway for anyone that's looking for some good thai food you can't go past this place. I love that they haven't had to embellish with fancy furniture, they don't rely on views, its all about the food (and the friendly service helps too!).

4  Thank sunnycoastchick
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We went there twice with my 5 day 4 night stay in Krabi.

This was not my target restaurant initially . I targeted another 2 restaurants but I could not find them given the address provided in Trip Advisor in the first night. E Sun was then recommended by a guy in tourist information when I asked for help about the direction of my target restaurants. I finally chose E Sun as I was too tired to walk and E Sun was quite near.
The layout and decoration was not attractive but the food was surprisingly good particularly green curry chicken and tom yum kong with shrimp. The price was cheaper than another 2 thai restaurants that I tried thereafter.

Strongly recommended!