“One of the best places for massage” 5 of 5 bubbles

Aonang Haven Massage
Ranked #2 of 28 Spas & Wellness in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aonang Haven offers Couple's Massages and Private Rooms. Our guests are those who enjoy a quiet space for relaxation and are respectful, considerate, and mindful of others. • Our massage rooms are designed to enhance relaxation through soft lighting and spa music. Standard massages are carried out in The Massage Room (see photos) at basement level where there are two sets of twin beds separated by curtains for privacy. For an even more pleasant experience, private massage rooms (for couples or ladies) are also available on the upper floors. They are available for an additional fee of 300 THB/room for 2 persons with minimum order of 1.5HR massage each. • As spaces are limited, a booking is recommended either in person at our reception (same day or advanced) or via online (at least 24hr in advance) to avoid disappointment. No 'happy' massage here but only happy guests who enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Patong, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“One of the best places for massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Came here after reading the reports on TripAdvisor. I booked an appointment for a thai massage, which was only an hour later. The lady didn't speak during massage as they do in other places. So there was the full concentration on the massage. I left in a state of peace, the experience was truly heavenly. Definitely recommended!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Marc194
Andessen, Owner at Aonang Haven Massage, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for the review. It gives us much pleasure knowing that our guests are highly satisfied with what we offer. This can only mean that our efforts are correct in ensuring that our guests have a relaxing and rejuvenating massage experience with us. We hope to see you again on your next travels to Ao Nang.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
289 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 213 helpful votes
“Friendly masseurs but receptionist not friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I almost changed my mind when I walked in and the man at the reception did not even appear interested. If not for the generally good Trip Advisor reviews, I would have walked out. At the end of the massage session, I must say other than the unwelcome reception, the masseurs were all very friendly and the ambience very conducive. Not sure how many potential customers the receptionist turned away due to his cold treatment...

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Erico2709
Andessen, Owner at Aonang Haven Massage, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for the review. We recognized you by your profile picture as the gentleman who came for a massage with his family of four from Sheraton Krabi. We understand that you are disappointed by not being able to get a reservation by calling in. However, this policy is reflected on all our communication whether on our official website, Facebook page or TripAdvisor.

We remember that you had wanted an appointment at 6.30pm but was told that we do not take phone reservation and is advised to make a reservation at the reception personally. You later arrived by taxi at 6.40pm. We greeted you when you walked in with your wife before hearing you state your purpose. As we are still in the middle of serving some customers, you were only able to reserve a place at 7pm. We are sorry that you find your treatment at the reception as cold. We prefer to be neutral to all our guests and let them show their nature.

Nonetheless, we are glad that your family enjoyed the massages and even left our therapists a tip. The reception also thanked you before sending you off at the door. We appreciate your concern but please do feel most welcome to visit again. Maybe you would not feel as cold on your second visit.
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“BEST Massage in Krabi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I'm a little bit of a massage junkie, and I must admit with some shame that I often pick out super cheap, seedy looking joints to get my fix. Whilst some are fine, others are disappointing and even downright horrific. With those experiences in mind, I confidently skipped over the cheaper, seedier looking places and booked a Thai massage at Aonang Haven Massage. This was really easy for me as I was staying there, at the rooms upstairs which was an amazing experience (check out my review on Aonang Haven Guesthouse).

The massage room in the basement had chairs and curtain partitions. It was airconditioned, but not too cold, and the dim lighting made it very welcoming. They had some aromatherapy oils burning I believe, and the beds and sheets were very, very clean. Upon entering, I was directed to the room and given clean clothes to change into. The masseuse then cleaned my feet and washed her hands before starting the massage.

The masseuse proceeded to knead out the knots in my back, and in true thai massage fashion, manipulate my body about to stretch, bend, rub and pop my joints. She did this skilfully and comfortably, so I felt really safe and even fell asleep at times.

I would also like to commend this place for the emphasis on being quiet and maintaining the peace. There is even a sign greeting guests and asking for them to please be quiet. Unlike many other places I've been to, the masseuses here do not speak to each other whilst massaging you. That makes a huge difference, in my opinion. Other guests are also expected to be quiet, so when a couple came in for a foot massage, jabbering away in the chairs near me, I politely told them to respect the silence - and they did.

After my massage, I was served a really nice, herbal tea and floated away feeling fantastic. Aonang Haven is a serious massage place. Make a booking in advance and come on time for your massage. Even though I did say it was slightly pricier than the average, roadside, seedy massage joint, it's still great value!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank TianTravel
Andessen, Owner at Aonang Haven Massage, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for the comprehensive review. Your words perfectly described what Aonang Haven is all about and we appreciate it very much. We are sure future guests would also benefit from your observation.

One thing we would like to add is that in order for Aonang Haven to conserve the peaceful and relaxing environment for our valued guests, it is important to note that as our methods allow only a maximum of 4 guests per session, a reservation (online or walk-in only) is always recommended to avoid disappointment.

Some customers may not see this value but we are OK about it. Our main objective is still to let those who do have the most relaxing and rejuvenating massage experience with us. We know because when we first started out, our capacity was 6 body massages and 5 foot massages at the same time. It used to be a crowd in our limited floor space. Yes, it may allow us to serve more customers especially during the peak evening hours but at the end of the day when we know that our guests had a less than satisfactory experience due to the 'factory-style' like pace which ultimately defeats the purpose of a relaxing massage, we knew we had to change.

There are also many people who mistook us for being aloof just because we may be 'fully booked' most of the time but if one were to do their maths right, it is not difficult to see that we can only receive so many customers each day by keeping to a maximum of only 4 guests per session till we close at 10PM.

Each positive review mean a lot to us as they serve to encourage us in our continuous effort in making Aonang Haven "The Best Place in Aonang to Rest.Relax.Rejuvenate." Thank you so much and we look forward to welcome you again shall you visit Ao Nang in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best massage in a very long time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hey,

My self and my Girlfriend recently went to Haven for massage based on the good reviews on tripadvisor. I used to live on Thailand for 2 years and would go for a massage 4 or 5 times per week. The massage I received at Haven was literally one of the best I have ever had.

The calming atmosphere, high end feel an peaceful silence contribute however the skill and attention to detail from the therapists was outstanding.

We went back 3 days in a row and would have kept going if we were not moving on to another part of Thailand.

First class, just go.

Cheers, Ian

Visited May 2014
4 Thank SkinnyScotland555
Andessen, Owner at Aonang Haven Massage, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for the review. We remember you as the couple who visited us on our very first day of re-opening after a 3-weeks annual off-season break in May.

Your kind compliment is encouraging for all of us at Aonang Haven as it felt reassuring knowing our guests recognize our efforts. We also appreciate your honest feedback after your second visit so that we can set things right on the spot instead of having heard about it later via some complaints online. We felt that it is a very respectful gesture for you to do so and is happy to see you again for a third visit before your journey onward to Phuket on the same day.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next travels to Ao Nang.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Massage Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had a good experience enjoying the massage provided. Good ambience and great service. Although the pricing is slightly higher than the rest of those in Ao Nang, i would say that we are paying massage prices for Spa experience. My girlfriend and i had an enjoyable experience with massage and scrub on different occasions.

1 Thank DrumsNtoms
Andessen, Owner at Aonang Haven Massage, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for the review. It is nice to hear that you have had an enjoyable experience with us.

Our price reflect our quality of service and massages. We also position ourselves in between a regular massage salon and that of a high end spa to offer quality massages at very reasonable rates. Our guests are mostly savvy people who can recognize this distinction to see our value. We certainly want to reserve the calm and peaceful environment for our customer group and keep out the rowdy ones.

As of late May to early July this year, we have also upgraded our facilities to continue our efforts in making Aonang Haven "The Best Place in Aonang to Rest.Relax.Rejuvenate." This includes our offer of a very attractive 3.5hr Couple's Massage Package in private room catered especially for loving couples and 2.5hr Morning Packages for those who want to start off their vacation mornings feeling great.

If you ever travel to Ao Nang again, do feel most welcome to pay us another visit and try them out.