“The last truly home from home”
other traveller has booked this property
Villa Pimmada Villa Pimmada living area
Villa Pimmada bathroom
Villa Pimmada bathroom
Villa Pimmada 4th bedroom
Villa Pimmada 4th bedroom bathroom
Villa Pimmada 5th bedroom (2 single beds)
Villa Pimmada 5th bedroom bathroom
Villa Pimmada indoor dining
Villa Pimmada fully equipped kitchen
Villa Pimmada garden
Villa Pimmada gazebo for relaxation
Villa Pimmada garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 bubbles Excellent - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Iain W
Midlothian, Virginia
“The last truly home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

I was exhausted. Business in Europe, the flight to, then through Bangkok. I was starting to imagine things that weren't there. For example anyone who actually cared what happened to the bewildered looking man trying to check in from his SAS flight to his Thai Airways transfer to Krabi. Could it be this difficult. Oh yes. Mercifully the details vanished until I came to in the care of Thai Air, always courteous and thoughtful, about twenty minutes before landing at Krabi International. Still time for a drink (strong) and a sandwich (delicious).
My goal was something I had never tried before in Thailand, a rental to recover in and from too much exposure to the world. The photos of the Villa Pimmada looked enticing, the owner Soontorn Leoni sounded reassuring with perfect English and answers to all my questions. I was taking the entire villa meant for 8 so he was curious and wanted to be sure I knew what all the costs and services involved. A maid for the cleaning and general help, a houseman for clothing and shopping, car rental with or without a driver or just the bikes that came with the villa. Did I want to eat out or in? A cook would be provided anyway but of course a menu would need some discussion at some point. Anything else that I might want to see? It was very pleasant to set the scene for what I was looking for. My corner of paradise if only for a few days.
Krabi International is a curious airport to arrive in, mainly because although you may arrive at one part of the airport and you would normally expect to be swept up in the security and other welcoming officialdom it is not like that at all, because the part of the airport you are in is not the actual main airport at all. You need to do some asking to make sure just where your luggage might turn up in which of the two main arrivals areas. Of course I was in the wrong one, in a steamy 30 or so degrees of tropical heat and beginning to weave around just at bit. A hand grabbed me and guided me off in another direction: "this way, this way", but where to? I helplessly asked, as did five or six other passengers who were being herded off to another featureless passageway. Several years of travel in the East have taught me that this could be a good thing, or perhaps not. I heard one couple talking in Norwegian and since I know some Swedish I asked if they knew where we were going. They didn't. Precisely at that moment a firm but friendly hand was on my arm, a big smile filled my vision and I was being introduced to Soontorn Leoni. "You are coming to the Villa Pimmada, correct?"
From which point everything went away as far as problems, luggage, what happens next type of things and that fabled magic carpet whisked me away, through offficials, airport exits to waiting limo and off to my home for the next week.
Ao Nang is approximately 30 minutes from Krabi so at that time of night one would have thought the roads would be empty. Far from it. They were full of traffic, people, bicycles (motorised or not) but carrying never less than two people: roadside cafes and restaurants, hawkers and all the never ending life of the far east, night or day. You have to love it as it just washes over you. Scents and sensibility.
By the time we arrived at the villa I was ready to call it a day, so apart from the welcoming basics, lights, layout how to use the service call I was alone in about 30 minutes to appraise my new home. It was large, much larger than I had thought from the pictures and furnished and finished beautifully in a half-Thai but with Scandinavian influences. Huge glass doors slid pack to open onto the patio and pool which looked just too inviting so before doing anything else I stripped off and jumped in. It was fantastic. The well-stocked fridge and bar provided a beer and some nuts. I was set for bed and that is where I went.
My week-away lasted for just six more days and started at seven the next morning. I am still not a very good time zone hopper so I roll with it until I roll over. The cook was already in the kitchen putting together plates of fruit which was all I wanted. Pineapple, rose apples, dragon fruit and other exotic things Thailand is so profligate with. Since our previous meeting the night before had been so short Mr. Leoni asked me to join him for a Thail breakfast when I felt ready which was around tennish. Perfect timing apparently because like most Thais he ate fairly often during the day in various places. We tried his favourite breakfast restaurant and shared a typical Thai noodles, soup, chicken and vegetables starter for the day. Having got all the formalities sorted out we went back to the villa where I was introduced to the maid, the cook, the valet, the driver and the pool guy. And then left alone to get into my routine which was exactly what I did. The next six days were just an incredible and relaxing holiday. I hardly needed to ask anyone for anything, it all just appeared or disappeared as required. The villa is exceptionally comfortable with all modern conveniences (TVs in all rooms WIFI etc etc) and even in-house massage, tours by speed boat, underwater diving, general tourist trips (I recommend the visit to the Royal Orchid houses, about 15 acres of orchids you will never see again) and much more. Transport is either using the bikes or car at the villa. Ao Nang is a tourist town but small and still quite fun. Of course the spread of people is wide these days but it is safe to wander around the streets even late at night.
Mr. Leoni is highly knowledgeable and well-connected so if you want suggestions or ways to fix visits he is incredibly accommodating and helpful. A good example is my sudden yearning to do some sailing. The next day I had a rental catamaran arranged for me and spent a memorable 7 hours visiting the islands near Ao Nang. If you want more than the beautiful pool to yourself the beach is a short walk (about 300 metres) away. White sand and very quiet. You will not be bothered by anyone usually. I would especially like to recommend the Hilltop Restaurant if you want a very special evening.
Leaving the Villa was difficult, it really felt like home. Or rather home without the hassles. A wonderful visit and many thanks to Soontorn Leoni and his lovely wife Jeab.

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Really helpful attitude and desire to make this a great holiday
Liked least: Rain when it came.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
GarryJoha...
Melbourne, Australia
“Felt like home but better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

This is why you do a villa stay - everything was seamless. No issues, absolute comfort, friendly and very capable staff. The pool is great, the rooms are big and clean and there's cable in case you wanna veg out and tv watch.

This is a villa done right. We're definitely coming
back.

One tip: if you're gonna do the bbq at the villa, pay the extra to get a chef do it. We turned half our food into charcoal.

5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
LorraineD...
Dublin, Ireland
“Customer Service that was out of this world in a beautiful Villa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Villa Pimmada is a seriously beautiful property which is only surpassed by the team who run it. They were there during the day but never intrusive. Always available when we needed help. You're given a pre-paid mobile phone which you can use to contact them at any time.
The youngest of our party was 7 and the oldest was 78 and everyone enjoyed their stay immensely.
The villa is about a 20 minute walk from the town of Ao Nang BUT free transport is laid on to get you anywhere local between the hours of 8am and 11pm. This particular amenity made every venture out so painless.
Any trips we wanted to do were wonderfully organised for us by the team on the ground and usually worked out cheaper than the brochures we scanned.
Water and fruit was brought in for us every morning and if you weren't quick enough to wash your own dishes they were washed for you :)
We took the option of asking to have a Thai chef cook for our party and some friends (21 people) and the food and service was sublime.
I can't recommend this Villa highly enough. We didn't want to leave and we all hope to be back.

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children Large groups
Kerrie W
Boston, Massachusetts
“The most beautiful place with extraordinary service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 for a stay in May 2013

Villa Pimmada in Krabi was the most beautiful place we have ever visited. We travel frequently and I rarely write reviews but this one deserves a glowing review. We could not have asked for more. The villa was impeccably clean, the service was outstanding, the beauty of Krabi/Railay beach was breathtaking. It was like a dream come true staying at the Villa.

Soony, the owner took care of us from the minute we arrived at the airport to the day we left. He was always accessible if we had any questions and was happy to recommend places for us to visit. He either drove us himself or set up transportation for us. Soony's staff always had a smile on their faces and looked happy to be there. If there was anything that we needed the staff was always there to help.

We enjoyed the most delicious Thai dinner on the grounds of the Villa. The dinner was 5 star that couldn't be had in a top restaurant in the US. The chefs made everything perfect. We had everything from BBQ, to lobster, meats, fish, vegetables, soup, wine, cocktails etc. It was just wonderful and we are still dreaming about it. The ambience in the garden was also perfect!

It was very convenient to explore around Krabi. We went to the town of Ao Nang and I would highly recommend taking a long tail boat to Railay beach for the day. Other Islands are only about 2 - 3hours away by speed boat. If you are not the exploring type, the Villa has it's own private pool and is a perfect place to relax. You can have the best of both worlds.

Another must when you are visiting the Villa is to get a Thai massage! Soony arranged this for us and it was pure heaven. 5 of us had a 2 hour massage from 5 very talented massage therapists at a very reasonable price. You almost have to pinch yourself and say is this real.

Next time we visit the Villa and there most definitely will be a next time, we are staying longer! It was Pure Paradise. If you are planning a trip to Thailand, Villa Pimmada should definitely be on your list.

5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: We cannot pick one thing. Everything about the Villa was perfect.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sophdobe
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing villa, great hospitality - really enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 for a stay in May 2013

Really glad I made the effort to look into villa rental instead of staying at a hotel.
Villa Pimmada‏ is spacious, clean with great service - the manager really made us feel like at home (and they do a killer garden BBQ - so if you do decide to stay there, make sure you spend one night doing BBQ at the villa!)
Because we went during the rainy season, so there weren't much outdoor/ beachy activities we could do but the villa manager really made an effort to help us find entertaining stuff to do - basically, it's like having a local friend who make sure you enjoy your stay whilst you are there.

Can't wait to go back and visit again!

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
Liked best: Friendly hospitality
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Simon V
Bern, Switzerland
“The place to stay in Ao Nang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Villa Pimmada in Nov 2012. What can I say: It was perfect! The owner is a really great and friendly guy, same goes for the cleaning lady. They really wanna make you comfortable and they absolutely succeed!
The Villa itself is wonderful. The rooms are of a generously size and everything is decorated really stylishly. Everything is very clean and the Villa has everything you may need: A nice kitchen, an iMac which you can use, a small library and even a television which you will never need because there are so many nice things to do here. The pool area is great and has a nice little pavillon to relax.
I can absolutely recommend to stay at Villa Pimmada!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
LingHR
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Superb & relaxing villa like own home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

It was really a nice villa to stay with its interior and super-friendly villa owner and manager. We felt like being home and it was just fine staying in the villa throughout your trip without going out anywhere. The villa is just so convenient as it is located nearby Ao Nang beach within walking distance. Free shuttle is also provided (depending on your group size). We enjoyed the BBQ seafood dinner and the local breakfasts (rice soup) prepared by them.
Everything was wonderful and we are already planning for our next trip there for coming year!

5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Location
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$531
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing