“The perfect retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Villa Pimmada Villa Pimmada living area
Villa Pimmada bathroom
Villa Pimmada bathroom
Villa Pimmada 4th bedroom
Villa Pimmada 4th bedroom bathroom
Villa Pimmada 5th bedroom (2 single beds)
Villa Pimmada 5th bedroom bathroom
Villa Pimmada indoor dining
Villa Pimmada fully equipped kitchen
Villa Pimmada garden
Villa Pimmada gazebo for relaxation
Villa Pimmada garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

davina986
Kuala Lumpur
“The perfect retreat”
Reviewed 16 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We went as a group of 15 to this wonderful villa just a week ago for 3 nights and had the best time ever. The villa is located close enough to the shops and restaurants but also amazingly private. Soony, the congenial owner was so easy to deal with and was accommodating and provided us with all the information we required before getting to Krabi. Never did he show any dissatisfaction in responding to all the queries the 15 of us had. He is easily contactable and always responded within a very quick time. Once there, we met Prakong, our lovely villa manager, who was warm, generous and ever willing to help us with all that we needed. She made sure we got our supplies the moment we landed and ensured nothing lacked throughout our stay at Villa Pimmada. Soony too did drop by whenever he could and made sure everyone was having a good time. If there's a chance, be sure to have a meal cooked by the in-villa chef - it was one of the best Thai meals we had during our stay. And they did a fantastic job catering to our vegetarian family members too. The villa is kept clean each day with the efficient housekeepers who did their job promptly everyday without us even "feeling" their presence. They were so quick but got the job done really well. Our family will certainly recommend any of the villas owned by Soony to the rest of our friends and family. The only thing we missed out on was taking a group photo with Soony and Prakong - perhaps that's reason enough to return sometime soon.

Baljit K
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful villa”
Reviewed 20 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Booking process super easy with Soony the owner being informative and helpful with excellent response times. Villa has a Great location that is quiet & relaxing but within walking distance to shops and basic amenities. Few minutes drive or 15 min walk to closest beach & cafes etc. villa itself is divine with clean and decent sized swimming pool. Perfect villa for 4/5 couples & group vacations.
The villa manager was quite new to the job and still learning the ropes with basic English language skills but luckily there's iMac computer to research the area and things to do as she only pushed phi phi island trip via her friend but wasn't the most forthcoming with other ideas or recommendations. Also villa doesn't have basic supply of food items so be prepared to shop when you arrive as villa manager said she wasn't able to go shopping for us and after 15 hour journey we were tired but needed basic items like milk,bread etc. despite this, would recommend villa pimmada as the property is just so lush and well maintained. Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Management Response
21 Jan 2017
Dear Baljit,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor!

We are most delighted to read that you have spent a great time with us and appreciated the villa's facilities during your visit. Your feedback regarding our new manager is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our products to better meet the needs of our guests in the future.

Once again thank you for choosing Villa Pimmada for your recent stay in Krabi. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another HOME AWAY FROM HOME experience.

Yours Sincerely,

SOONY
YahnaSG
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Total Privacy with Fantastic service”
Reviewed 14 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

It's less then 10 mins drive from the main town area , yet it's amazingly private.
It's a beautiful villa with fully equipped kitchen and manned by excellent staffs headed by Ms Sao. The owner mr Soony is easily contactable with very good response towards booking and quiries .

It has a beautiful pool and fantastic garden for bbq . Excellent for families and groups to get together.

It's luxurious in all sense.

We had a great stay and thanx again VP.

Cheers

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The villa and the surrounding garden
Liked least: None as all was great
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
sjgrove
Montagnola, Switzerland
“Beautiful location and excellent service”
Reviewed 3 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Big enough for a group of 10 adults to live and coexist for full weeks together. We loved the spacious kitchen and living room area, and enjoyed having such a large common space.

Pong (driver) and Ching (manager) truly made our stay special. They were available any time for assistance with booking trips, organizing meals or grocery delivery, and helping with scooter rental. Pong regularly took us into Ao Nang, so the location felt very convenient with his services each day.

Having a quiet, private beach was great to come "home" to, and we spent many afternoons in the pool. The cleaning staff came each day to replace towels and clean the kitchen and bedrooms. It was exceptional service.

The only small suggestion I can offer is increased lighting and a table outside on the patio for more seating options in that area.

Thank you for a beautiful stay!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
scarylive...
liverpool
“Mrs”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Stayed at villa pimmada for 2 weeks what an amazing villa. amenities were excellent, so much space the pool area clean and spacious, staff so helpfull and friendly, air con in all rooms except lounge/dining area which got really hot even with fans.Would definately recommend this Villa so very quiet here but within walking distance of town amenities.

Iain W
Midlothian, Virginia
“The last truly home from home”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

I was exhausted. Business in Europe, the flight to, then through Bangkok. I was starting to imagine things that weren't there. For example anyone who actually cared what happened to the bewildered looking man trying to check in from his SAS flight to his Thai Airways transfer to Krabi. Could it be this difficult. Oh yes. Mercifully the details vanished until I came to in the care of Thai Air, always courteous and thoughtful, about twenty minutes before landing at Krabi International. Still time for a drink (strong) and a sandwich (delicious).
My goal was something I had never tried before in Thailand, a rental to recover in and from too much exposure to the world. The photos of the Villa Pimmada looked enticing, the owner Soontorn Leoni sounded reassuring with perfect English and answers to all my questions. I was taking the entire villa meant for 8 so he was curious and wanted to be sure I knew what all the costs and services involved. A maid for the cleaning and general help, a houseman for clothing and shopping, car rental with or without a driver or just the bikes that came with the villa. Did I want to eat out or in? A cook would be provided anyway but of course a menu would need some discussion at some point. Anything else that I might want to see? It was very pleasant to set the scene for what I was looking for. My corner of paradise if only for a few days.
Krabi International is a curious airport to arrive in, mainly because although you may arrive at one part of the airport and you would normally expect to be swept up in the security and other welcoming officialdom it is not like that at all, because the part of the airport you are in is not the actual main airport at all. You need to do some asking to make sure just where your luggage might turn up in which of the two main arrivals areas. Of course I was in the wrong one, in a steamy 30 or so degrees of tropical heat and beginning to weave around just at bit. A hand grabbed me and guided me off in another direction: "this way, this way", but where to? I helplessly asked, as did five or six other passengers who were being herded off to another featureless passageway. Several years of travel in the East have taught me that this could be a good thing, or perhaps not. I heard one couple talking in Norwegian and since I know some Swedish I asked if they knew where we were going. They didn't. Precisely at that moment a firm but friendly hand was on my arm, a big smile filled my vision and I was being introduced to Soontorn Leoni. "You are coming to the Villa Pimmada, correct?"
From which point everything went away as far as problems, luggage, what happens next type of things and that fabled magic carpet whisked me away, through offficials, airport exits to waiting limo and off to my home for the next week.
Ao Nang is approximately 30 minutes from Krabi so at that time of night one would have thought the roads would be empty. Far from it. They were full of traffic, people, bicycles (motorised or not) but carrying never less than two people: roadside cafes and restaurants, hawkers and all the never ending life of the far east, night or day. You have to love it as it just washes over you. Scents and sensibility.
By the time we arrived at the villa I was ready to call it a day, so apart from the welcoming basics, lights, layout how to use the service call I was alone in about 30 minutes to appraise my new home. It was large, much larger than I had thought from the pictures and furnished and finished beautifully in a half-Thai but with Scandinavian influences. Huge glass doors slid pack to open onto the patio and pool which looked just too inviting so before doing anything else I stripped off and jumped in. It was fantastic. The well-stocked fridge and bar provided a beer and some nuts. I was set for bed and that is where I went.
My week-away lasted for just six more days and started at seven the next morning. I am still not a very good time zone hopper so I roll with it until I roll over. The cook was already in the kitchen putting together plates of fruit which was all I wanted. Pineapple, rose apples, dragon fruit and other exotic things Thailand is so profligate with. Since our previous meeting the night before had been so short Mr. Leoni asked me to join him for a Thail breakfast when I felt ready which was around tennish. Perfect timing apparently because like most Thais he ate fairly often during the day in various places. We tried his favourite breakfast restaurant and shared a typical Thai noodles, soup, chicken and vegetables starter for the day. Having got all the formalities sorted out we went back to the villa where I was introduced to the maid, the cook, the valet, the driver and the pool guy. And then left alone to get into my routine which was exactly what I did. The next six days were just an incredible and relaxing holiday. I hardly needed to ask anyone for anything, it all just appeared or disappeared as required. The villa is exceptionally comfortable with all modern conveniences (TVs in all rooms WIFI etc etc) and even in-house massage, tours by speed boat, underwater diving, general tourist trips (I recommend the visit to the Royal Orchid houses, about 15 acres of orchids you will never see again) and much more. Transport is either using the bikes or car at the villa. Ao Nang is a tourist town but small and still quite fun. Of course the spread of people is wide these days but it is safe to wander around the streets even late at night.
Mr. Leoni is highly knowledgeable and well-connected so if you want suggestions or ways to fix visits he is incredibly accommodating and helpful. A good example is my sudden yearning to do some sailing. The next day I had a rental catamaran arranged for me and spent a memorable 7 hours visiting the islands near Ao Nang. If you want more than the beautiful pool to yourself the beach is a short walk (about 300 metres) away. White sand and very quiet. You will not be bothered by anyone usually. I would especially like to recommend the Hilltop Restaurant if you want a very special evening.
Leaving the Villa was difficult, it really felt like home. Or rather home without the hassles. A wonderful visit and many thanks to Soontorn Leoni and his lovely wife Jeab.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Really helpful attitude and desire to make this a great holiday
Liked least: Rain when it came.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
GarryJoha...
Melbourne, Australia
“Felt like home but better”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

This is why you do a villa stay - everything was seamless. No issues, absolute comfort, friendly and very capable staff. The pool is great, the rooms are big and clean and there's cable in case you wanna veg out and tv watch.

This is a villa done right. We're definitely coming
back.

One tip: if you're gonna do the bbq at the villa, pay the extra to get a chef do it. We turned half our food into charcoal.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing