“Not very impressed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Kelowna, Canada
“Not very impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Ingredients were obviously poor quality here, the desserts were terrible and did not taste fresh at all. Service was incredibly bad; waiters looked bored and indifferent, nobody made us feel welcome, and it took forever to get our food (and we were the only people in the restaurant!). They brought meals for two in our group, and the other two waited for another 20 minutes to get ours. So half our table finished before the others had even started. Terrible service, food wasn't great. We won't be back.

Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Beyond dreadful!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We felt a bit under the weather and foolishly decided to have a simple Western meal for one night. Yes, I know its a dumb idea!; but after all, how can anyone ruin "half a roast chicken?" I mean sure, you just get half a chicken and shove it in an oven, right? WRONG!!! This meal reminded me of a restuarant in Ibiza which served "Acacado with crab" "When in season". Anyway, it arrived, but it was Avacado with Crab- STICK" which as far as I am aware are not a species of crustacean and do not "have a season", which I pointed out to the waitress at the time! Anyway back to the Chanaya "Roast chicken" episode. My wife and I both ordered this dish, mine with fries and hers with a baked potato. I asked the waiter if I could have mine, "Very well done!" What could be more simple? What arrived about 10 minutes later was I surmised, 2 half chickens that had at some point in time been roasted and probably kept on ice. They had then appeared to have but the 2 halves in a microwave to heat it them up. Then to give the portions that, "Ma's own, just been roasted" look had coated both halves with a revolting brown glaze. What was funny, was that they had applied a triple coating of this brown, gooey muck, to my portion to give it that, "Dad's, just been cremated on the barby look". Instead of being crispy, the skin underneath was floppy and soft. The meat tasted, well, microwaved. We both ate our portions in silence and left. The price for this rubbish was a stomach turning, 350 Baht per portion, or £7.00 which is a lot here. It is the same price as a lovely fresh Red Snapper. Lesson, always check Trip Advisor before you venture into a new restuarant and secondly do everything you can to avoid ordering Western food.

• Visited December 2013
Mwanza Region, Tanzania
“Some reasonable Dutch dishes among the thai stuff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Usually busy in the evening, even in the low season. The sprinkling of dutch dishes makes a welcome change - bitterballen always go well with cold beer. Otherwise the thai dishes seem ok but nothing special.
Prices good, staff friendly and attentive.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Ate here 4 times!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

AMAZING best thai food in AO Nang. we ate here four times could of easily ate there every night though! good food, good atmosphere, resonably priced, friendly staff.

Visited March 2013
London
“Go anywhere but here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

After being served really, really bad food we were shouted at and threatened by the staff here. We had to call the tourist police for help and one of our party of three girls was physically attacked by a staff member - it understandably ruined our night.

We went there after a lonely planet recommendation which must have been quite old as the food was over priced and of poor quality and I think I have just summed up the service. It breaks my heart that people still eat there because of its position on the main strip and the fact that it looks like a nice place. It really isn't. Please save your cash and go somewhere like salabua lo spuntino where it will cost about the same, the food will be amazing, the staff are lovely and you will have a great experience.

• Visited January 2013