“Great service and good food”

Ton Ma Yom Thai Food Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 316 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located at Leela Valley, Aonang Soi.11 Near Aonang MiTi Resort. Small Thaifood restaurant, Table reservation should be make before visiting. Operating Time:8.00Am.-2.00Pm. And 5.00Pm.-9.30Pm. Monday closed. Break time between 2.00Pm.-5.00Pm.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We tried the deep fried prawns, seafood cakes, thai green chicken curry and the tom yam. It was all really good, especially the seafood cakes - which was recommended by the always smiling waiter. Personally, if I had a chance to go back there, I would let the waiters recommend what to offer. The ambience is a small home with tables on the outside - they are nice enough to even supply mosquito repellent to protect your arms and legs. Food and drinks for the four of us was just a little over 800 baht - really worth it!

1  Thank Pferrao
Write a ReviewReviews (1,756)

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I have travelled extensively in Thailand in the last decade and I would say this restaurant is amongst the best I have visited. I can recommend this restaurant wholeheartedly. I thought the food was delightful, the ambiance pleasing, the service excellent and the prices superb.

I had 2 mango shakes, a Thai style beef salad, green curry and rice and deep fried banana with honey and ice cream. It was superb and came to 390baht = £8 Great value!

I did like the fact the waiter enquired as to how spicy I wanted my beef salad, I find too often in Thailand the Thais tone down the spice for westerners, I hate this! I asked for it as a 'Thai person would have it.' And it was delicious (though it did bring tears to my eyes!).

If you are staying by the beach it's a little trek uphill, take a tuk tuk! But it's well worth it. I followed the directions left by the reviewer a few down, spot on!

Eat here, it's great.

1  Thank BringBackBuck8
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Best thai food in Ao Nang, recommand steamed fish, raw prawn, raw crab salad, curry!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went as a family, 2 adults + 2 kids under 10, and all really enjoyed our night. Very friendly staff, tasty and authentic food, would recommend it to anyone. We had a nice tamarind prawn dish and the kids liked the fritters for dessert, don't want to oversell it but ours were all tasty dishes (and was our favourite for the trip). Was outside and there were a few mosquitoes about so maybe a little spray on the kids beforehand but we had a great meal which was also excellent value. Was just a little off the main strip but the tuk tuk drivers know it, many seemed to be patrons as well.

1  Thank IWM-SING
Reviewed 7 August 2014

If you manage to find Tom Ma Yum without the help of a taxi, tuk tuk or asking a local, then you are having a good day. For my walking instructions please see below.

Tom Ma Yum is quite small and it is very possible that you could be turned away as early as 7:15pm; especially if you are in a big group (there are more tables for couples so there would be the chance to wait and have a drink if you were in a pair). We walked to this restaurant and I was very thirsting on arrival. I strongly recommend the mango shake or lychee shake - they are absolutely delicious and very refreshing. The food here seemed a little hit and miss; we had some very good dishes and some quite average ones, but the cheap prices makes me look on the average ones rather more favourably. I would recommend the sweet and sour snapper and fried rice (as well as the shakes!!).

If you are not fond of walking then I advise you to get a tuk tuk! Otherwise you need to walk east along the main street and on to the length of road that heads uphill past McDonalds. Once you have past McD's you need to keep walking for a good 15 minutes before you walk past the mosque. Keep walking straight from there for another 10 minutes and it is now it important you are on the right hand side of the pavement as you walk away from Ao Nang beach to understand the next instructions. The road will curve slightly to the right and then more vigorously (but still quite gently) to the left. You will then walk past a few streets and a 7/11 on your right. Once you come across a sign for 'Hotel Miti', taking you down a street on the right, you need to take this right and walk for another 100m. Here you will turn left at the sign for the Hotel Miti complex. It is now another 100m (round a slight left kink in the road) before you reach the restaurant.

2  Thank Mr_J_Regnil