“probably the best Thai restaurant in Ao Nang”

Dean and Mom's Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 283 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Price range: US$2 - US$14
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Thai
Description: Dean's Restaurant has 15 years experience providing excellent food and great atmosphere in the heart of Ao Nang. We offer great meals at good prices across the street from Vogue Resort. Open 12.00 to 23.00 every day, free wifi!
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have eaten a lot of very tasting Thai plates: an excellent barracuda was perfectly cooked by the very kind owner of the restaurant, the mussels were also very good, the best Thai soups ever tasted till now, staff very friendly, excellent prices compared with such a quality of food.

There are newer reviews for Dean and Mom's Restaurant

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We ate traditional Thai here and found the food very average and the cocktails definitely sub standard.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My wife and I have been holidaying in Ao Nang for the last 7 years, and only just tried Dean's Restaurant, we must have walked past it a hundred times....big mistake! We love Thai food and the food here is excellent quality, as good as you'll find anywhere, and if you ask for it spicy, which I always do, unlike in so many places... it comes out properly spicy! On our next holiday, Deans will definitely be one of the main places we eat at......highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Discovered this place during a walk from our hotel to beach area. there were many fresh seafood places close together but this one was the most reasonably priced and we certainly weren't disappointed by the quality of the freshly cooked seafood. We had local mussels, barracuda and king prawns plus beer and the cost was less than £20!

1  Thank ceperry57
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We visited Deans and decided to treat ourselves to a Red Snapper each. My wife ordered hers to be steamed with lemon and chilli. Foolishly, I ordered mine to be "Barbecued and served with Tamarind sauce". Firstly, it wasn't barbecued but steamed inside tin foil ON a barbecue and secondly (I should have known better) coated with a glutinous "Tamarind sauce": which I think was straight from a jar and in fact ruined the fish. This is a common problem in Thailand with fresh fish and "Sauces". Where possible always try and get your fish "Au naturel" My wifes Red Snapper was wonderful, just steamed in the lemon and chilli. The rest of the meal was adequate.