I stayed here for 2 weeks while doing a Muay Thai training course around the corner. I booked into
the 30 bed dorm which may sound a little daunting , but there was never more then 7-8 people sleeping in the room while i was here.
It also seems to attract a more conscientious crowd of travellers. Everyone was respectful and quite once they came in after a night out.
-Friendly local staff. Thats the first thing i noticed soon as i arrived.
-Comfortable clean dorm rooms , and comfy beds.
-Cool air conditioning at night.
-cheap cheap cheap - 200 baht per night for the 30 bed dorm that was never full.
-Its a homely feel while being here. Its not a party hostel , its better if you prefer to meet
like minded people and go out for dinner and chat , rather then play drinking games in your rooms etc.
- I did read someone say that theres only 2 bathrooms. This is true , and one of them was regularly blocked.I have found that in most hostels though,so its not really a surprise.
-Everyone says the location is no good either. Of course it would be nice if it was on the beach , but there are no hostels close to the beach that I know of.
SLUMBER PARTY HOSTEL , MDF HOSTEL AO NANG Backpackers and GLUR hostel are all within 5 minutes walking of each other , and they are the main hostels here - ALL of them are 20-25 minutes walking from the beach. I hired a moped for 150 baht per day (they usually charge 200 baht, but you have negotiate that with them).
Overall , Im very happy with the hostel ,
its clean , homely and friendly.
I defiantly would come back here and recommend it to everyone passing through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-placed in the religious interests, business, shopping area of Krabi city, Ao Nang Backpacker provides a most conducive spot for you to take a break from your busy days. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. No less exceptional is the hotel's easy access to the city's myriad attractions and landmarks, such as Ao Nang, Railay, Phra Nang Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and HRS so you can book your Aonang Backpacker Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Backpacker Hostel Krabi/Ao Nang