On arriving at Krabi airport and with no checked luggage it was very disappointing to discover that the hotel had forgotten to book our pick-up. So having been one of the first through the airport we were definitely last to leave. Upon arrival at the hotel the cool towels were very welcome but no apology was offered. The check-in process was very smooth and we were soon in our rooms, not luxurious but definitely not low end either. The location is quite good as an evening stroll to shops/restaurants/bars is preferable to being surrounded by them. The first evening we discovered a broken door (allowing mosquitos in) and a faulty shower, too hot or too cold and no stability in the temperature ( a fault in all our rooms). I reported both issues to reception only to be shown how to use the shower by maintenance because I obviously did not know how it worked. I found this quite insulting. The temperature was still not stable and would be 'checked again later'. The door would also be fixed later. Upon our return from dinner I was informed that the tools were not available for the door and it would be done tomorrow. The shower had been revisited and should be ok, it was not. The next day after returning from lunch the door was still not fixed so I approached reception to be greeted by a smile and an "I'm sorry I've only just started my shift. They told me it wasn't fixed but not why." fortunately the manageress was nearby and stepped in to organise the repair which used a saw, a hammer and a strip of wood that were surely all available the day before. The manageress apologised profusely and offered us our airport return free of charge as compensation, which was appreciated. We did not eay here so cannot comment on the restaurant but it did take over 20 mins to receive 3 coffees. All that said, if I ever returned to Krabi again I would consider staying here if I could get the same price, definitely not for the rack rate and the showers were fixed. The rooms are quaint, the location good although some road noise can be heard in the morning. The hotel grounds and pool are relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cliff Aonang resort was Vote one of the top 50 most beautiful resort in Thailand by Tourist Authority of Thailand. Once you step inside, the staggering Cliff views will make you suddenly realize why this boutique resort cold not have another name. Here , the comfortable vintage style resort which has 21 luxurious guest rooms set among the lush tropical garden. Discover the truth of Krabi natural beauty, experience real serenity and tranquil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Cliff Ao Nang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliff Ao Nang Hotel Ao Nang
- Cliff Ao Nang Krabi
- The Cliff Ao Nang Resort Krabi