This. Place. Is. GORGEOUS! Especially considering its price. Now, one of the things I focus on when I travel is finding a clean and comfortable place to stay. This place exceeded my expectations. I had read reviews saying that there were insects everywhere and creepy crawlies in the toilet but I didn't encounter a single one. It was immaculate and smelt great. Truly, they've taken great care of the place. Also, there were complaints about mosquitoes. Throughout my 3 nights there, I saw one in the room. That's it. ONE. I think they took heed of this problem and poof, they're all gone now. The people there were nice and definitely helpful. English was understandably a problem with one or two of them but for the most part, they immediately got help and my/our questions were answered. The pool was gorgeous and we didn't struggle to get seats. That being said, we didn't visit during peak season. The people who stayed here during our time ranged from families to couples to young travellers.There was one day where the electricity cut out which also meant we didn't have hot water. This was in the evening and only lasted for about an hour. The good thing was that the place is very breezy and surrounded by trees so you don't feel a thing. Btw, the room comes with only an aircond but as mentioned, if you don't like that, the breeze during the day more than makes up for a lack of a fan. The bed was large and could fit both my friend and I comfortably. There was also some talk of the door being slightly flimsy. To be honest, it isn't the most sturdy thing in the world but all you have to do is lock the top and bottom parts of one side of the door from the inside (it's a two panel door) and then go outside and lock it. I must admit, safety is another worry for me and I was not disappointed so don't worry about this too much. We woke up one morning and walked out and all you could hear/see were birds, insects and the most gorgeous blue sky. I mean really, if that isn't a great escape, I don't know what is.
Now, in terms of location, if you're a TOTAL lazy bum, you may find it relatively far from the beachfront area + beach (10++mins MAX, 20 if you're taking your time). But the thing is, it's actually a pretty nice walk and you find some real gems in terms of stalls, food places, island hopping trip providers (there was one in front of a cafe, Smiling Dog, which gave absolute value for money compared to the providers closer to the beach - at least 30% less).
To sum it up, don't go there expecting a 5 star hotel and you'll be blown away. It does not seem run down AT ALL. There was clear thought into the design of the place making it practical and comfortable. Such good value for money. Can't recommend it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cliff Aonang resort was Vote one of the top 50 most beautiful resort in Thailand by Tourist Authority of Thailand. Once you step inside, the staggering Cliff views will make you suddenly realize why this boutique resort cold not have another name. Here , the comfortable vintage style resort which has 21 luxurious guest rooms set among the lush tropical garden. Discover the truth of Krabi natural beauty, experience real serenity and tranquil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Cliff Ao Nang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliff Ao Nang Hotel Ao Nang
- Cliff Ao Nang Krabi
- The Cliff Ao Nang Resort Krabi