I just finished a 3 night stay at The Cliff Resort. We checked at the same time as our friends, our booking was fine as we booked directly with the hotel however they couldn't find our friends Expedia booking straight away.
We got to our room near the pool and were greeted with a clean room and presented well until the air conditioner was turned on. It was in dire need of servicing and was making a very loud noise. Given the heat air con is required over night so we asked if it could be fixed or we could be moved room. We showed them the room so they could hear the noise and were told that they would get someone to fix it straight away. Hours later we approached reception and were told we just have to deal with it as there were no other rooms. We spent 10mins asking reception what we could do until another staff member arrived and said there was spare rooms. So we were finally moved.
That night we found out that a loud air conditioning system wasn't really a concern as there is a night club next door that is much louder than any air con could ever get. So until 4 am Friday night the music pumped and little sleep was had.
Breakfast was megre, you fill in a form the night before and are greeted with a small serve of what you selected, although small the food was fine.
Our second night was worse, the music from the night club was pumping again and this time we were greeted by a plague of insects. We entered the room to find literally thousands of fruit flies all over the floor and all through our bags. The staff came to sweep them up but I'm still finding them all through my gear, gross!
The third night we finally slept as the night club was shut.
Most of the time reception was either unmanned or staffed by people that didn't know what was going on or how to deal with anything other than checking in.
I loved Aonang and recommend the town, but don't stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cliff Aonang resort was Vote one of the top 50 most beautiful resort in Thailand by Tourist Authority of Thailand. Once you step inside, the staggering Cliff views will make you suddenly realize why this boutique resort cold not have another name. Here , the comfortable vintage style resort which has 21 luxurious guest rooms set among the lush tropical garden. Discover the truth of Krabi natural beauty, experience real serenity and tranquil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Cliff Ao Nang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliff Ao Nang Hotel Ao Nang
- Cliff Ao Nang Krabi
- The Cliff Ao Nang Resort Krabi