“Best western ao nang”

Anyavee Ban Ao Nang Resort
Ranked #84 of 110 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. Nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff. 100 mt to the beach and numerous shops and restaurants. Cheap accom in low season with heaps to see and do around Ao Nang . well worth a visit we will go back.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here two nights with a close friend of mine. The service was great! The staff was very welcoming, even offering drinks when we first came to the hotel. The pool was clean and had great places to sit. The Decor was lovely and provided a peaceful atmosphere, great for relaxation. The room was very nice, with a great view of the sea. I loved that the hotel was very close to the main tourist area, but had little traffic. The staff was very helpful is answering questions about things to do and even recommended where to rent motorbikes. The Breakfast was great, with a variety of things to eat and drink. They would even make you an omelet just how you wanted it. The staff were very friendly. My friend and I enjoyed out stay and would love to go back and stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a few nights while in krabi. The pictures are so deceiving, the room is ok with terrible beds. The shower is good. Staff are rude and literally ignored us sometimes when we spoke to them. The girl selling tourist tickets out the front is very nice thou. We basically slept here n went out for food everyday. Internet only works on one device in the room and our bed sheets were never changed the 3 nights we stayed there. I got bite a few times more than usual I believe ants n Mosquitos have easy access. Will not be back to this hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Bbsasay
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed here 3 nights while in Ao Nang and it was one of the better hotels I stayed at for the price I payed. The hotel has a unique style, the rooms are large, the staff honest and helpful. The swimming pool is definitely one of the better features of the hotel. While it is very close to the touristy area, it doesn't feel so. The rooms look nice and are well equipped. I liked that they provided extra towels to take to the beach. While the rooms were aesthetic and nice looking, the bathrooms not so much and could use some updating. It was a little tit in there, however nothing too restrictive. The hotel is in the center of where the action is in Ao Nang or not too far away. Very close to the water taxi ticket office if you want to go to Railay for example. Now the people - while they don't speak a lot of English, they are helpful and honest. On one occasion, my phone must have slipped out of my pocket while I was in the lounge and the staff held on to it until I came back. Another nice thing about the hotel is that they have a locked luggage room in case you need to check out and go for some excursion that will bring you back after your normal check out time. The staff held on to my valuables while I was gone and everything was in place when I got back from my snorkeling trip. The only major issue I had with the hotel was the Internet. They give you a card with a pass code to use. This is for when you are in your room. You can only have one device connected to the Internet with that passcode. It's gets irritating if you want to connect your phone and your computer at the same time because you cannot. Other than that a good stay overall and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

A tidy and generally well-maintained resort with very functional wi-fi s that worked everywhere.
Breakfast was most disappointing given that range was very limited and top-up portions took very long to arrive.

Room Tip: take levels close to lobby for quick access to pool and open areas
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Pretty disappointed with this hotel. I have stayed at a number of Best westerns in my time and generally trust the brand. The service at this hotel was poor. Our room smelt absolutely horrible like a window hadn't been open for weeks and I felt like I was breathing in mold. After one night I requested a different room and the staff made this a difficult ordeal. The room we moved into was much the same and we opted to let the room air out for the day and to spray half a bottle of perfume to cover the smell. Staff were also very difficult when we requested an additional towel. Aesthetically this hotel is beautiful but the cleanliness of rooms was poor, I wasn't happy having to sleep on stained bed sheets. Signs in the room detail everything that was in the mini bar. Fridges were completely empty. No tea or coffee provided in the rooms. The one saving grace of this hotel is the location. Ao Nang is a lovely place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Samantha G
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The rooms at the hotel are nice with balcony etc. the staff were very pleasant and professional, and the location is excellent as just round the corner from the Main Street and beach etc. The pool is large with plenty of loungers and nice food from poolside resturaunt. All in all a nice hotel at a decent price. All very professional.

• Stayed: September 2012