This is not a five-star plush resort so expectations were not incredible and yet I was a tad bit disappointed.
Frankly, the resort lost points because of the awful service we got from the reception desk. I think half the issue was the diffculties communicating. Example no 1. They wanted to overcharge us (my mother had put down a deposit with her credit card but they wanted the full amount anyway). This was not sorted out despite promises to until we approached them again the day before we had to depart. Finally, the cheif of reservations sorted it out and all was good. *sigh*
2. I had a reception lady upset and basically ticking me off for not liking the room after I told her that the safety box in the room wasn't working. Erhm.
3. Egg station at breakfast did not understand sunny side up. Nor did restuarant manager.
(okay, the last one is a bit pathetic)
The good bits: The room (we got a pavillion bungalow facing the sea) would have been perfect for a couple. (i travelled with my mom to celebrate her birthday). It was large, and had a jacuzzi in this large bath area. Pretty good value for money especially in the low season. The resort is clean and well-maintained.
It sits directly on the beach. Most of the resorts in ao nang don't.The location means that it is a very short stroll to the busy main strip and shops, but at the same time, you have a bit of privacy and quiet, and the sound of surf pounding on the beach as you snooze at night.
Yunitka - who runs the travel tour desk at the resort - is brilliant. VERY helpful and very genuine. She is definitely the go-to girl if anything needs sorted - and she basically helped mother retrieve the email documentation showing the desposits on her own surfing account. (No free Net connection at the resort by the way - and pricey too. 100 B for 30 minutes) And she helped translate when the reception desk simply did not understand the situation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Golden Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Beach Hotel Ao Nang
- Golden Beach Krabi
- Golden Beach Resort Krabi/Ao Nang