Ok people, first off a few good points: location is good, layout and design of the rooms is a bit dated but okay. Pool is nice and seemed well maintained. Check in was relatively smooth - but we shall come back to that.
Bad points: Don't bother to eat, order or have anything to do with the hotel restaurant absolutely hopeless. On our first night an order of a club sandwich and fried rice took around 45mins and 2 phone calls before arriving. On the last day an order of a grilled ham and cheese sandwich took almost 1.30mins at the cost of 145 bhat. Perhaps they were busy you assume? There was a total of 6 customers in the restaurant (including myself and wife) and we watched for almost an hour as 6 members of staff stood around chatting in the kitchen. When the sandwich finally arrived i was handed some old bread with a single piece of ham and cheese. I asked to speak with the manager immediately to which they refunded the cost. I left hungry. How difficult is it to make a sandwich. Seriously is this a joke?
Rest and relaxation you're after? Was woken up from 8am to the sound of wild saxaphones courtesy of the hotels music system. After an hour listening to the same few songs on repeat I asked for them to shut it off. Its suppose to be a relaxing holiday why they were blaring this music makes no sense.
Finally, on check out they charged us for a complementry beer. On the first day a member of staff brought us some fruit and 2 beers as a welcome and because it was our honeymoon. How nice, so we thought. There were already 2 beers in the fridge (not free) my wife drunk 1 beer, that leaves 3 beers, the maid replaced 1 beer that equals 4 beers. Yet this basic math was lost on the staff on check out who insisted the beer was not free and there should be 2 beers in the fridge, we explained well there are now 4 beers. You have magically gained 2 beers! They then acted as if we were making it up by asking which member of staff brought you the beers and fruit etc? To which we just gave up and paid. We think the staff just wanted to make some extra money.
Would I stay there again? No. Maybe try the other best western.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the hillside overlooking the splendid Nopparat Thara Beach and National Park in Ao Nang, Krabi, our hotel Anyavee Ao Nang Bay Resort assures a relaxing and memorable holiday experience on you and your familys vacation to Krabi. Guests will enjoy a wonderful feeling of privacy and well-being amidst a lush tropical garden, yet will also appreciate the convenience of being located only 200m from the sparkling water of the Andaman Sea and the tourist centre of Ao Nang Beach. Accommodation has been designed with the guests' peace and tranquility in mind and the hotel comprised of 67 contemporary Thai pavilions, furnished in a harmonious east-meets-west style that creates a unique and luxurious ambience. In-room amenities are of the highest quality: air-conditioning, hot shower, minibar, colour television, IDD telephone service, refrigerator, digital safe and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a spacious balcony from which guests can admire the remarkable sunsets over the Andaman horizon in wonderful Krabi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anyavee Ao Nang Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ao Nang Bay Resort And Spa
- Best Western Ao Nang Bay Hotel Ao Nang
- Best Western Krabi
- Krabi Best Western
- Anyavee Ao Nang Bay Resort Krabi