Machorat Aonang Resort
Ranked #107 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We checked into this 'hotel' at about 7pm at night for a fan room for 500bht. As a backpacker I don't expect anything more than clean and safe basic rooms but this was terrible. There was a ants nest coming out of the bedside table and the glass slates from the window next to the door had been removed so anyone could put there hand through and open the door without a key!!! When we asked to move rooms the lady at the front desk who is vile just said that's the only cheap room left if we want to move its another 1800bht for one night and we can just use the safety deposit box in the reception but I feel it would be safer in the unlocked room than with them! We went back to the room and I felt so unsafe and the place was so dirty we decied to move somewhere else which was very inconvenient at half 8 at night but I would of rather slept on the beach. We went to the two lady's at the front desk who just shouted in Thai and then told us no refund and offered us a better room but I just wanted to be out of there. After they shouted for a few minutes in Thai they gave our money back and we left. After reading the other reviews I am so happy we left. Worst accommodation I have ever been in and rudest staff.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank danielle m

Reviewed 27 March 2013

never, do not stay in this hotel. Kicked out at a paid-suites, not returning the money. Even the hostess came out with a knife, when we demanded their money back. We called the police, but they are in collusion with employees of the hotel. Say thanks that our stuff back. Rubbed over $ 200

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Olesya C
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just for 3days. We didnt book in advance so we ended up staying here since most hotels are fully booked.

When we checked in to our room. The first thing i saw were blood stains from the bed sheets! The sheets smells clean.. But everything looks so worn out.

We had the standard room w/ ac. Nothing so special. They have tv w/ 1 or 2 english channels. The toilet was terrible. It looks so dirty and the shower gets too hot or too cold. Just terrible!!

Hotel location wise its like 4min. walk to the beach. This hotel is located in front of mcdonalds and starbucks and surrounded by street foods and shops.

The ladies at the reception are terrible. It feels like you cant get any help from them. They just want money. The only fun workers there are the men who were assigned for tours.

Wifi just in lobby.

Better find other hotels in ao nang.
Not recommending this place.

2  Thank 7,923
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

This is by far the scariest "hotel" you'll ever consider staying in. With that being said...DON'T. My girlfriend and I were staying in Krabi town as we were making our way to Ao Nang, a travel agent recommended Nong Eed. So we decided to check it out. As soon as we arrived @ the reception desk we felt a very strange feeling. Seconds later the owner ( who resembles a Thai witch doctor) approached the desk. We spent about 20mins arguing over prices, finally we came to an agreement and checked in. The room was disgusting and vile, we see now why she had availabilites In high season. after the first Night I asked to change rooms to something more comfortable and she refused. After trying to charge me another 3,000 after I already payed her 2,000 (for 3nights) we agreed on an additional 1,500 which was a huge regrettable mistake, but you live and you learn. So day number 2 came and we were awaken by someone tryin to break into our room, at first I thought it was someone cleaning the outside window but then I realized they were trying to break since after being unable to open the window they tried the door. After this happened we read reviews online about this horrible place and learned that in room theft happens everyday. In addition to this,the owners husband works for the police,so there is pretty much nothing you can do about this scam. We payed 3,500 for 5 days and left immediately on the second morning,as we were leaving,her gansgters chased us down the street demanding we came back because their boss "the devil" wanted to see us. Needless to say we turned away and never went back. In short STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

4  Thank TNTSH
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I booked my 700b fan room on the Lanta Ferry on my way to Ao Nang- which is common. When I arrived I was rudely informed that my pre paid room, 2 nights at 1400b was taken. She said she could give me a more expensive room but I had to pay the difference. As I was already over budget I asked for a refund which she refused. Instead she suggested that I get back to krabi town, board the ferry and find the person I booked with. This of course is completely ridiculous as we're her claims that they don't keep money on the premises. I had no choice but to file a complaint with the tourist police. No refund.

I later heard that this woman's husband or brother is chief of police in the area, and good luck with a refund! I have to say that this experience is definitely not common. I've spent 3 months in Thailand on 2 separate trips and this was the first bad experience I had.

No not stay here. Try Easy Room right across the lane. Nice clean rooms, nice sheets, exceptionally friendly staff.

1  Thank Backpacker-Koko
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We had no choice to stay here as it was one of the only hotel available over new year and now we know why!! We had booked an advance and arrived at 3pm at had to sit around till 4pm till the room was available. While waiting in reception 2 seperate guests were complaining about their rooms. The lady on the front desk has no customer service skills and carried on eating her smelly lunch.

Our room was disgusting, really run down. It smelt of sewage outside, stains on the walls and curtains falling off, also there was no hot water.

Hotel states to have wifi which only works in reception.

Don't stay at this hotel if you can help it!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank christina c
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Thee worst experience of my extensive visits to Thailand over the past 16 years. We had nowhere else to stay in ao nang over new year. We read the bad reviews of this place but had no choice as every other hotel was full. Got to the front desk only to be chastised by this horrible moaning old thai woman, telling us we had to stay a minimum of 2 nights cash up front. She didn't focus on us or even make eye contact, then started dealing with other customers at the same time,pushing bits of paper about her desk, talking to other staff & generally being distracted instead of focussing on us, keeping everyone longer than they had to. Laughing in thai with the other members of staff, clearly mocking us & other fellow guests. Check In took 45 minutes. It went from bad to worse. The room was disgusting, stains on orange walls, plastic roof tiles hanging off, it would look out of place in the 70's. I hadn't used the bathroom till the next morning.. Only to discover there was no sink! I went to reception to complain & ask for another room, there she was again, this disgusting old thai woman( we later found out was the owner!)Instead of her apologising & moving us to another room , she asked me my room number, then told me I had to check out as she had new guests going into my room! I couldn't believe my ears. As I got back to my room there was a member of staff showing new people around my room !! We complained, again, threatened to call the authorities, she ignored my rants, continually telling us we had to leave, and after twenty minutes and began speaking to other guests at the desk ignoring us. When we asked for our money back she said we only paid one night. We didn't get a receipt. Unbelievable. This woman is vile and should not be in the hospitality business. We lost one nights money and I later found out my new £100 sunglasses had gone missing while I was at reception complaining and the staff were in my room. From the owner to the cleaning staff this place is a nightmare. Never stay here it is evil!!

• Stayed: December 2012