“Not good as told”

Machorat Aonang Resort
Ranked #105 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived on krabi town on the 10/11/2013,we have booked thai krabi hotel n the rate for them was a 3 star(suitable for bagpackers),the next morning we get a taxi n went to ao nang..there we had no resevation of hotel at all since it was our first time to ao nang.so we decided to go for the cheapest but good n we ended here in Nong Eed hotel.first impression?Sucks n horrible,the reception was an old lady n shouting at the workers of the hotel..then the night came,eventhough all the front room was empty,we were been given at the back which no guest was there at all,when we asked why,they all said the old lady asked us to do so...for safety we think this hotel is not a safe one...money wise maybe

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank alongida
There are newer reviews for Machorat Aonang Resort

Reviewed 12 November 2013

definitely the worse hotel I have ever been to. my husband and I were looking for a night stay at ao nang, I happened to saw the hotel and went in to enquire on the prices . we were quoted 800 which I thought was fairy cheap so we decided to take it .the receptionist lady simply looked like a terrorist . the environment was really bad and dirty . it look like a slump! I was very disgusted and seriously disappointed when I entered the room . it smelt bad and l would imagine a ghost appearing at night . it looked like a scene from a Thai ghost movie . the water heater didn't work and the toilet smelt bad . bed looked mouldy and dirty . the cupboard was falling apart . it's possibly the worse hotel rooms I'll ever stay in . I checked out the very night and stay over at another hotel which looked like a god sent to us . I was so glad and relieved to left the place . avoid here at all cost if you don't want to spoil your trip .

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Missymeowmeow
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

At 500 baht for a fan room i thought it was a bargain on the otherwise expensive ao nang strip. Me and my girlfriend walked in from the street unfortunately not having done any research and approached reception, as soon as i walked in this bizarre old lady behind the desk was giving me evils and a feeling that if looked her in the eye too long i might turn to stone! I asked how much for a room and she said room with single beds and fan 500, i said well we would like a double bed please and she looked as if i had asked for a gun, she shouted at me that in her hotel we would not be sharing anything. I guess we should have left then but after a 13hr journey we were burnt out and willing to let her say her bit so a room with two singles and a fan it was. Once we had paid the money she shouted in thai and a small boy around 12 years old appeared to show us to our room. The boy had rips in his clothes and was visibly upset so when we got to our room i asked him if he was ok and he broke down in to tears! He said that he hadnt been paid for weeks and had barely eaten as a result, apparently he was being punished for playing with a couple of french children who were jewish. I couldnt believe what he was telling me so we went to the reception to inform the old lady we wouldnt be staying and would like a refund, upon hearing our request she got up from behind the desk and left the room without a word unsure about what was happening we were about to cut our losses and leave when 6 men appeared and told us in no uncertain terms to [--] off or we would be murdered! Needless to say we didnt argue and left with our belongings while we could. I have never experienced anything like this and hope that other people look online before discovering this house of horrors!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank hungrytraveller88
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We checked into this 'hotel' at about 7pm at night for a fan room for 500bht. As a backpacker I don't expect anything more than clean and safe basic rooms but this was terrible. There was a ants nest coming out of the bedside table and the glass slates from the window next to the door had been removed so anyone could put there hand through and open the door without a key!!! When we asked to move rooms the lady at the front desk who is vile just said that's the only cheap room left if we want to move its another 1800bht for one night and we can just use the safety deposit box in the reception but I feel it would be safer in the unlocked room than with them! We went back to the room and I felt so unsafe and the place was so dirty we decied to move somewhere else which was very inconvenient at half 8 at night but I would of rather slept on the beach. We went to the two lady's at the front desk who just shouted in Thai and then told us no refund and offered us a better room but I just wanted to be out of there. After they shouted for a few minutes in Thai they gave our money back and we left. After reading the other reviews I am so happy we left. Worst accommodation I have ever been in and rudest staff.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank danielle m
Reviewed 27 March 2013

never, do not stay in this hotel. Kicked out at a paid-suites, not returning the money. Even the hostess came out with a knife, when we demanded their money back. We called the police, but they are in collusion with employees of the hotel. Say thanks that our stuff back. Rubbed over $ 200

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Olesya C
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just for 3days. We didnt book in advance so we ended up staying here since most hotels are fully booked.

When we checked in to our room. The first thing i saw were blood stains from the bed sheets! The sheets smells clean.. But everything looks so worn out.

We had the standard room w/ ac. Nothing so special. They have tv w/ 1 or 2 english channels. The toilet was terrible. It looks so dirty and the shower gets too hot or too cold. Just terrible!!

Hotel location wise its like 4min. walk to the beach. This hotel is located in front of mcdonalds and starbucks and surrounded by street foods and shops.

The ladies at the reception are terrible. It feels like you cant get any help from them. They just want money. The only fun workers there are the men who were assigned for tours.

Wifi just in lobby.

Better find other hotels in ao nang.
Not recommending this place.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank 7,923
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

This is by far the scariest "hotel" you'll ever consider staying in. With that being said...DON'T. My girlfriend and I were staying in Krabi town as we were making our way to Ao Nang, a travel agent recommended Nong Eed. So we decided to check it out. As soon as we arrived @ the reception desk we felt a very strange feeling. Seconds later the owner ( who resembles a Thai witch doctor) approached the desk. We spent about 20mins arguing over prices, finally we came to an agreement and checked in. The room was disgusting and vile, we see now why she had availabilites In high season. after the first Night I asked to change rooms to something more comfortable and she refused. After trying to charge me another 3,000 after I already payed her 2,000 (for 3nights) we agreed on an additional 1,500 which was a huge regrettable mistake, but you live and you learn. So day number 2 came and we were awaken by someone tryin to break into our room, at first I thought it was someone cleaning the outside window but then I realized they were trying to break since after being unable to open the window they tried the door. After this happened we read reviews online about this horrible place and learned that in room theft happens everyday. In addition to this,the owners husband works for the police,so there is pretty much nothing you can do about this scam. We payed 3,500 for 5 days and left immediately on the second morning,as we were leaving,her gansgters chased us down the street demanding we came back because their boss "the devil" wanted to see us. Needless to say we turned away and never went back. In short STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: January 2013