“Did not have our reservation!”
Review of J. Hotel

J. Hotel
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The hotel did not have our reservation! Although we had booked through Agoda and fully paid for it. After a lot of discussion, we were offered the sister hotel J. Mansion. We had to lug our heavy baggage all the way up 4 floors as the hotel did not have a lift.

The rooms were nice and clean with all basic amenities provided. The staff were helpful and very informative. Breakfast is available at additional costs. Very close to the beach and right in the middle of the main shopping and dining area. There is a scooter for hire shop just next to the hotel.

Please note: You are not allowed to enter the hotel with you footwear. You will need to leave them at frontdesk whenever you get back to your rooms. You are allowed to carry them back only in the night once the front desk is closed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dexter_theboygenuis
There are newer reviews for J. Hotel

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel in OCtober'2011. Came to Krabi for my honeymoon with my wife. The manager and his staff are all very helpful with directions and recommendations. Room is very clean, spacious and wehave the sea-view room.
This hotel wasn't really very expensive and was right smack in the shopping streets.
Very convenient to get food and to order your tours for the next day.
I will definitely stay here again the next time I go to Krabi again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EricTanGr
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, room 203.Fast and efficient check in, Rooms large, clean and well serviced.Good sized south facing balcony with sea glimpses and views of the rock formations.Centrally located and very good value for money considering AO Nang prices. Lady on reception and travel desk very helpful. No noise at all at night very peaceful nights sleep

Room Tip: room 203. very large, good sized bathroom, light, Excellent balcony
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank 65maintenance
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for five nights. Rooms are spacious, cleaned everyday and comfy. There nothing special but for reasonable price it's good. It's right in the middle of town near Restaurants, bars, markets and most importantly 2 min walk to the beach. So location is the main reason we picked here. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Trastar
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We had a real good stay in this hotel for a week. We had a great room on the upper floor wich was very clean and had a nice bathroom and good bed. And also a nice view over the city. Great place to stay not far from the beach and restaurants. We would really go here another time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2012

This is a basic budget hotel that suits my purpose. My objective was to do island hopping tours and have a clean and convenient place to sleep at night. J. Hotel fits the bill. If you're fussy, pay more and go somewhere nicer.

The staff definitely needs more training, but you have to set your expectations realistically. You are paying USD 30-40 per night, so don't expect someone who can speak fluent English and provide seamless service. They are willing to help. And when I went back at 12:20, 20 minutes over my checkout time, and my bathroom was already cleaned, they didnt even hesitate to let me use the shower since I just came back from island hopping. For me that's great service. I dont need to feel sticky while taking my flight back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bankergirl1016
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

We stay here for 4 days.Tomorow, early în the morning we'll comeback home.All of you, I recomand J hotel. The price is unbeliving.Rooms are big. Very clean. J hotel is near to all you want. The best rooms are with AC,bat with shower and are situated at 3 and 4 floor.I sugest you to make reservation with some weeks before of your arrival!

• Stayed: December 2012