“I wanted to hate it, but they wouldn't let me.”
Review of Srisuksant Resort

Srisuksant Resort
Ranked #59 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Frankfurt, Germany
“I wanted to hate it, but they wouldn't let me.”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Let me just say from the beginning, I wanted to hate my stay at the Srisuksant Resort, but there just wasn't enough evidence to let me. To begin with, I booked this hotel as a result of a Groupon offer. Once in a while I take advantage of Groupon deals that seem reasonable and offer a good deal on a short stay vacation. Historically, my experience with Groupon has been just good enough to keep me coming back, but not so good that I haven't developed a healthy dose of skepticism about the places that choose to advertise in this manner. I suppose I keep coming back because I seem to live in hope of finding the perfect getaway at a perfect price...good luck. At any rate, here I was, checking in to the Srisuksant Resort in Krabi and deciding I wasn't going to have a good time. The result was quite the opposite.

Okay, so the place is not perfect, and there is a lot of room for improvement. For example, the hotel seems to have undergone a renovation in its near past. There are essentially two buildings, A and B. Building B has been either completely rebuilt or has been extensively renovated. Building A is tired, and old, and is typical of a three-star resort in S.E. Asia...worn at the edges. Paint has been splashed on the exterior of building A to mach that of B, but there is no mistaking the fact that it has not been touched as inside the decor and the fixtures are old and in need of some rehabilitation. Having checked in with a Groupon it was no surprise to me to learn that I would be enjoying Building A instead of B. On asking about getting "upgraded" to a similar room level in B, I was told that this would be possible, as long as I would be willing to pay the differential. I wasn't as it was steep. My wife and I decided make the best of our room.

Overall, our experiences with the hotel was average and the Thai staff did their best to meet our expectations. Would I go back? Maybe. Below are reasons why I might not return:

1. The hotel bills itself as 4-star. This hotel is really 3-star quality at a 4-star price.
2. There seems to be no one on staff who has a sufficient level of English to communicate clearly. The reception desk is the one place where I would expect to find staff with the best English. This was not the case and it was frustrating trying to negotiate with reception.
3. Building A is too old and tired to be worth the money they are charging.
4. There is a restaurant, but breakfast seems to be the only activity. I did notice other customers ordering food during the day, but there is no incentive to do so.
5. House keeping is poor to average. I expect better at a 4-star resort.

In spite of that, by the end of my stay, I was feeling relaxed and I was well and truly on vacation. I decided none of the above really mattered and determined to have a good time in a very likable place. Of all the places I have been in Thailand...three areas on Phuket, Koh Samui, two visits to Krabi, I would say Krabi has to be my favorite place. So, is no surprise to me that I decided not to hate this hotel and chose to have a good time.

In conclusion, there are far better hotels in Krabi so don't settle on this one. If I were to return to Krabi, I might consider this one, but not before checking many other place out first. It would have to be price that brought me back more than anything. This hotel would need to be on sale before I would return.

Cheers.

Room Tip: Stay in Building B if possible. Do not book any trips through hotel desk. Be prepared for very l...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DresdenDean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 19 March 2012

we stayed here for 3 nights and thankfully the reception organised us a scooter to rent so we had transport to get around. the hotel is facing the beach but its a quiet road in terms of nightlife, so everynight we hopped onto the scooter and rode further up towards the restaurants and markets. our room was nice, they upgraded us for free and we stayed in the new building which we were very happy with. the pool was nice, nothing better than relaxing with a cocktail in the pool! the breakfast was average. the only change i would really recommend is the staff abilities to speak english, it definately needs to improve a little

1 Thank jessjohn89
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2012

stayed for three days in february 2012...... had a room in the main building, which was small but adequate for a few days.....room had shower,bath,safe,tv.... left the room on the first day at 8 in the morning came back at three thirty and room had not been cleaned, then got a phone call while i was having a shower saying the cleaning staff were leaving at 4 and they would not clean the room today.... spoke to reception and they moved us to a room in the new part of the hotel, which was much bigger and better..... The swimming pool is pretty big and deep and is a strange shape which seems to go around the entire hotel, they also have a second swimming pool with a small jaccuzzi. Didnt use the fitness room while was there, but someone said it was pretty good. Breakfast was included and was pretty good, with a lot of options available..... but please stop watering down the juices...... its like drinking coloured water...... Staff are very pleasent and if you have any problems seem to do what they can to help. All in all its a ok hotel, better and worse out there in krabi....

1 Thank namsan
Singapore
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed in Srisuksant Resort for 4days 3nights over Valentine's Day after buying a Groupon for the stay. We were very happy with the room, as well as the pool (and its pool bar).

We also had a Valentine's Day dinner organized by the hotel, which was a very pleasant experience! Gave us a wonderful view of the sunset on the hotel's 3rd floor terrace.

I would DEFINITELY recommend staying here! It is quiet, as the hotel is situated at the start of Nopparattara beach (but only 5-10 minutes walk from Ao Nang beach, where all the shops and restaurants are). It is also right opposite the longtail boat station (where boats to Railay beach depart from).

The staff here are also very helpful (and as other people have mentioned, very friendly and smiley).

The only thing I wouldn't quite recommend is the hotel's massage. We tried it for one night and got bitten all over by mosquitoes. Problem easily solved though - there is a massage parlour a few doors down which is cheaper, and indoor!

Room Tip: Request for a sea-facing room! if possible.
5 Thank brandoncwr
Hangzhou
Reviewed 1 February 2012

saw some negative reviews so didn't expect much. I travel extensively in Asia, i would have to say i was very happy with the hotel.

Rooms were basic but clean and nice. Good wi fi, bathroom clean and nice. Pool are was great, and location of hotel is excellent near to the beach and not far to walk into the main hub.

the only thing that was poor for me was the breakfast, not the worst thing when you get a good pad thai across the road for about $4 so what is there to complain about.

Would recommend it to those who don't want to spend a fortune but enjoy some creature comforts.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank aussieinhangzhou
Varese, Italy
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed in Srisuksant Resort for a couple of days across New Year's Eve.
The staff of the hotel organized a very good party with typical Thai food, Thai dances, Thai boxe and fire eaters. They also gave us a Thai paper sky lantern to leave in the sky at midnight.
The resort is quite nice, the rooms are a little bit old fashioned but clean and comfortable.
There are very few rest chairs around the swimming pool, but considering the beatuful sea of Thailand we didn't really care about that.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Hvam, Norway
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Srisuksant is a great choice for people looking for a pleasant and friendly stay. I stayed for 2 weeks and loved every minute. The rooms are basic, but contains what is needed if you are not looking for a luxurious stay. The newer part of the hotel is very nice, while the older rooms are also very good. Rooms were clean all the time.
Rooms facing the sea might have some noise from the bar across the street.
Pool is always clean and nice, room service excellent and the staff are very friendly and service minded.
Breakfast is included in the stay and the food is really varied, fresh and tasty.
All rooms have free Internet and after tipping the staff I had fresh flower on my room for the rest of my stay.
There is easy access to transportation and to the beach and long tail boats for travels to the islands from the hotel.
I would also like to point out that the hotel is well suited for people using a wheel chair.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you should probably avoid rooms @ first floor facing the pool.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family