Let me just say from the beginning, I wanted to hate my stay at the Srisuksant Resort, but there just wasn't enough evidence to let me. To begin with, I booked this hotel as a result of a Groupon offer. Once in a while I take advantage of Groupon deals that seem reasonable and offer a good deal on a short stay vacation. Historically, my experience with Groupon has been just good enough to keep me coming back, but not so good that I haven't developed a healthy dose of skepticism about the places that choose to advertise in this manner. I suppose I keep coming back because I seem to live in hope of finding the perfect getaway at a perfect price...good luck. At any rate, here I was, checking in to the Srisuksant Resort in Krabi and deciding I wasn't going to have a good time. The result was quite the opposite.
Okay, so the place is not perfect, and there is a lot of room for improvement. For example, the hotel seems to have undergone a renovation in its near past. There are essentially two buildings, A and B. Building B has been either completely rebuilt or has been extensively renovated. Building A is tired, and old, and is typical of a three-star resort in S.E. Asia...worn at the edges. Paint has been splashed on the exterior of building A to mach that of B, but there is no mistaking the fact that it has not been touched as inside the decor and the fixtures are old and in need of some rehabilitation. Having checked in with a Groupon it was no surprise to me to learn that I would be enjoying Building A instead of B. On asking about getting "upgraded" to a similar room level in B, I was told that this would be possible, as long as I would be willing to pay the differential. I wasn't as it was steep. My wife and I decided make the best of our room.
Overall, our experiences with the hotel was average and the Thai staff did their best to meet our expectations. Would I go back? Maybe. Below are reasons why I might not return:
1. The hotel bills itself as 4-star. This hotel is really 3-star quality at a 4-star price.
2. There seems to be no one on staff who has a sufficient level of English to communicate clearly. The reception desk is the one place where I would expect to find staff with the best English. This was not the case and it was frustrating trying to negotiate with reception.
3. Building A is too old and tired to be worth the money they are charging.
4. There is a restaurant, but breakfast seems to be the only activity. I did notice other customers ordering food during the day, but there is no incentive to do so.
5. House keeping is poor to average. I expect better at a 4-star resort.
In spite of that, by the end of my stay, I was feeling relaxed and I was well and truly on vacation. I decided none of the above really mattered and determined to have a good time in a very likable place. Of all the places I have been in Thailand...three areas on Phuket, Koh Samui, two visits to Krabi, I would say Krabi has to be my favorite place. So, is no surprise to me that I decided not to hate this hotel and chose to have a good time.
In conclusion, there are far better hotels in Krabi so don't settle on this one. If I were to return to Krabi, I might consider this one, but not before checking many other place out first. It would have to be price that brought me back more than anything. This hotel would need to be on sale before I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Srisuksant Resort is located along Aonang’s Noppharatra Beach. It features a swimming pool, restaurant and free parking. Rooms have cable TV and sweeping views of the sea or mountain. The air-conditioned rooms at Resort Srisuksant have hardwood furnishings and have plenty of natural light. Each room has a private terrace and come equipped with a minibar and tea/coffee maker. Guests can relax with pampering Thai massage treatments. Travel arrangements can be made at the tour desk. Thai and international meals are served at the restaurant. Fresh seafood dishes and refreshing beverages are also available. Srisuksant Resort is 32.2 km from Krabi Airport and a 15 minute walk to the town’s shopping and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Srisuksant Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Srisuksant Hotel Ao Nang
- Srisuksant Resort Krabi/Ao Nang
- Srisuksant Hotel Krabi