“Krabi Oasis”

Ranked #14 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
London, United Kingdom
“Krabi Oasis”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here in July 2013. Room was on the top floor so had many steps to go up and down each day (many times). Short walk to beach. Breakfast was great. Room was fantastic and always cleaned well with new sheets and towels.

Room Tip: Get room on third floor - 301 - 304
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Coopoerman1956

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have just returned from a fabulous 3 week Christmas holiday to Thailand. We spent a week in Krabi and stayed at the Krabi La Play which was lovely. It was fantastic value for money both to stay and whilst there – we spent most of our time around the pool with its wonderful swim up bar. Perfect! Drinks were good value, as was the lunch menu.
The location was superb – just a short walk from the centre where all the bars and restaurants are and close to the beach. The staff were friendly and couldn’t do enough for us and overall I was really impressed.
I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a top location and value for money.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank sukanya c
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We arrived in the evening of 25th - Christmas. The reception staff tell us that there is a problem with room availability, despite that we booked 3 months in advance. They gave us the option (with not real option) of another hotel.

We were bundled off to Ayothaya Hotel & checked in. It was far away from town. We were taken to a pool-side room. Except that the room hadn't been renovated since the early 1990's - it was OLD & very run down. At this point I'm unhappy. The pool area is unlit - in complete darkness! Facilities are in disrepair, concrete construction, pools of stagnant water.

We tuk tuk into town. After dinner I go into La Playa to compare. It looked lovely - INCOMPARIBLE to what they had "upgraded" us to. It was a BARE FACED LIE. They were trying to short change us. I went to La Playa reception & demanded a solution. They maintained that Ayothaya was the only option. I replied that this is unacceptable. Finally after much waiting they arranged a room at The Small Hotel, a sister hotel located 2min from La Playa. The room was ok so we accepted the change. They offered us a free 2 hour massage & free dinner.

We were at reception the next morning to book the massage. I heard the receptionist giving the exact same story to another family with 2 young kids! We later talked with the couple. They were also taken to Ayothaya but refused to check in. The wife knew that this was a much cheaper hotel. They had to wait 3 hours at reception & finally were moved to The Small Hotel.

The free dinner was worthless. I signed for it & saw the cost - a paltry 250 baht each, SGD $10. That's a joke.

On check out, they gave me a waiver stating that I wouldn't complain. I refused to sign.

On the airport transfer, we talked to a couple sharing the van. They also checked in on the 25th. Turns out they were given the same story! Except that the husband refused to move and eventually a room at La Playa was found.

So obviously La Playa massively overbook. It appears to be a regular business practice. I am most angry that they tried to short change us to a very run down old hotel. They only relocated us to The Small Hotel reluctantly. I really had to push

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank Your_Monkey_King
washington
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Booked this hotel for one night, superior rooms, as it was on sale when I was looking. We have stayed in Ao Nang previously two years ago, so I was familiar with the area. As far as being out of the hustle and bustle of Ao Nang, it is in a good, quiet location. Check in was fine, staff was friendly. But our room was sub-standard. Dirty- with sand and dust from previous occupants. The bed was horrible--it was like a bad motel 6 bed. Additionally, the room could be made into a double and instead of putting the beds side by side, so basically my husband and I would each have our own mattresses, they put them hamburger style so that the seam of the two beds was right at your hip while sleeping--super uncomfortable. The bed, plus the lack of cleanliness is why I wouldn't go back. The breakfast was average-or as expected. The hotel shuttle to the airport is cheaper than a taxi. There was also LOTS of hot water for the shower.(Also, I will say my friend got an upgraded room and had no complaints). We also got a good chuckle out of the comment card filled out by a previous visitor but never picked up--an additional testament to the cleaning staff.
If I went back to Ao Nang, I would probably stay at the Holiday Inn Express or Ao Nang Buri Resort, both next to each other on Napparat Thera Beach.

Room Tip: Don't get the cheap, superior rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank woodswoman51
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is located at the quite end of AoNang beach and 100m set back from the road which meant it was not at all noisy. It was however possible to walk everywhere in AoNang.

The room was a bit dated and the shower was not the best but for the price we paid it was not a problem.

Pool/beach towels in a beach bag was a nice touch.

Food was good and well priced.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank padi84
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 December 2013

It was a pleasant stay back in year 2012.
Room was spacious enough with mini balcony.
The best part is, the room has a direct access to the pool where you could jump in anytime.
It's pretty near to the beach, which makes it a very good choice.
Breakfast was not too bad, got all the basics.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We looked at this hotel a few times before we booked and to be honest I looked at most of the reviews before we went there as some hadn't been that nice. We( my partner, our friends and I) stayed at the hotel from the 24th november -7th dec. We had a private transfer from the airport, which was great not having to go to loads of hotels before we got to ours. We got there early but we were lucky that our rooms were ready which was a bonus. I can honestly speak for all of us when I say we had one of the best holidays we ever had! The staff are just fantastic, most spoke perfect english especially Pond and Ron. The hotel itself is great, although its off the main road you dont hear no noise at all. The rooms are just brilliant,very spacious, clean and tidy. Like most people the comments about the beds are true, they are quite hard but as we have a hard bed at home it didnt really bother us.The breakfast in the hotel is great, there is everything from cereals to bacon. You can eat as much as you like. We had a superior room each and were next door to each other which was novel. You also got a beach bag which contained a beach mat and two towels, I think this is a great idea and more hotels should do it.There is three pools to choose from and also loads of beds. Although the hotel is only bed and breakfast there is plenty of great restuarants to eat at. There is everything from seafood, thai, italian, and even mcdonalds at burger king. The food vendors on the street outside the hotel are just great! The food is fab and so cheap and trying it is an absolute must!!!! There are loads of great pubs to go to, echo bar is really good, also je'taime but there is many more in the square.There is loads of things to do, we did something everyday, we took a local long boat to railay beach which is about half hour from ao nang, we also did trips through our hotel. we went to james bond island, to the floating village, the tiger cave. We also did a thai cooking course which was great. there is so much to do, you need to just get out there! I certainly recommend doing abit of shopping when you're there. There is a great shop right next door to Burger king, the owner name is Alex, we bought loads of things from him. Everything is so cheap we still haggled though as its fun and i'm not normally into that. Would ceratinly recommend this hotel to anyone and i would go back tomorrow if i could.

Room Tip: we were on the fourth floor and it was great for us, i would defo go for a superior room if you can.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends