“Good for Honeymooners.”

Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort
Ranked #72 of 110 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 17 June 2008

I and my husband stayed at Ayodhaya Suites during February 2008. We’ve booked the honeymoon package via Tour Agency in my country. The hotel not that crowded in that period.

I found that the hotel a bit far from the beach for us but very quiet and good for stay if you want to spend a romantic time with your match. The hotel looks very Thai Traditional and great building. We love the room decoration with flowers and lovely cake.

The bathroom is big with cute amenities. We requested for upgrading to pool access suites with quite expensive and value to paid for... because the pool is so huge.

We also spent time in spa that we booked via the company. I love it! that was really romantic place for couples!

Mostly staff don't speak English very well but I don't mind at all as long as we can order food or service!

Everything is good and we recommended this hotel for the family and honeymooner because this place is peaceful but not recommend for young people who looking for night life or party.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2008

Me and my partner wanted to stay at a quiet resort but also near to the town so we chose this resort which is only few months old and it's just 5 mins drive to the Ao Nang town.

Maybe it's still new and not many tourists are aware of the resort, there were only a few other rooms being occupied. There was some renovation going on still during our stay there but luckily the noise did not affect us much.

I read a couple of bad reviews about this resort and they were all true - 5 star price with 3 star service; the resort is not ready for guests and the food is terrible. I have even overheard a guest complaining while checking out that they were served food which was full of ants.

Well, we stayed for 2 nights and we were glad that the hotel manager upgraded our room while we checked in. Our room has a balcony which is right in front of the huge swimming pool. The room is very spacious and has a small living room with TV and sofas. The bathroom is lovely with build in wardrobe and a window next to the bath tub opening to the sleeping room. You could have a foam bath and watch TV at the same time!

I love the pool, it's really huge and with many sunbathing bench around. There's a little bar in the middle of the pool but it's not open yet. I was surprise that the water has no chlorine smell at all which I'm not sure whether it's good or bad but I personally do not prefer that smell.

Overall, me and my partner enjoyed our stay despite other bad comments that I mentioned mainly because we got a really good deal from the internet on the room rates.

But if you are looking for a quality service from the hotel staffs, forget this place as most of them do not understand or speak English. I think only the hotel manager speaks a little.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank blaire312
Reviewed 5 April 2008

I can't really comment fully on this hotel as we were upgraded to "try it out" whilst it was still being built. We were meant to be staying in the hotel next door - Success Beach. But we were lucky to have stayed in the Ayodhaya hotel for the week. It was an amazing hotel. Although it was not finished. We loved what we could already see.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 7jessy7
Reviewed 5 April 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one week in mars 2008. We had a really great week! The room was very big and clean with a great bathroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We also really liked the poolarea. The location is perfect, 15 minutes walk from the shopping, boats and most of the restaurantes. Near the hotel you can found the absolutely best restaurantes. Only one thing didn´t impress us so much and it was the breakfast,
We can absolutely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank CharlotteSweden
Reviewed 22 February 2008

We stayed at this "luxury" hotel one week and we didnt like it at all.The poolarea was great but the service by the pool was so slow and bad.Most of the staff didn´t speak english at all.
You can´t open a hotel before it´s ready to stay at!!!This hotel is built in a hurry and we noticed so many faults like holes in the ceiling in our room,really bad wallpaintings,the water was not going into the drain when you used the shower you had to turn it off first,too many stairs on the hotelarea and so on....Don´t waste your money on this hotel.It´s NOT a 4 star hotel!

• Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank Lisa32
Reviewed 12 February 2008

I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks for my dad 70th birthday celebrations. We have contact with the staff about this special celebration before we arrive to the hotel. They are very nice and helpful. They surprise my dad by birthday cake when we check in and get to our rooms even we arrive at the hotel almost midnight. That is too late for their working hour. But they still there!! They service our family very well. And I also love the comfortable suites room with wonderful decoration it’s seem like the some palace in Bangkok which I visited before.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2008

I stayed at the hotel during December apart from the rain. Our five last days in Thailand were the best. We really enjoyed having the whole hotel to ourselves as well as the terrific dinners that we had at Resort restaurant. And the best part was the room, which I would never think less than a five star! Especially direct access to the pool was something I’m sure all of the guests will appreciate. I definitely recommend this resort to whom coming to Krabi. Hotels appearance as well as the staff make us feel like royal.

Stayed: December 2007
Krabi Success Beach Resort
Krabi Success Beach Resort
#81 of 110 in Ao Nang
Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort? Share your experiences!