We stayed in the main Ayodhaya wing from December 31, 2013 till January 13, 2014, including so called New year's dinner. The owners of this hotel were changed about 1 year ago, and now, Ayodhaya has only what's left of its exterior charm. This hotel became an ordinary Chinese hostel for 1-2 nights for sky high price.
New Year's dinner: They took additionally 500$ for the New Year's dinner: the food was cooked in the unpretentious Chinese style, fatty vegetables, skins of chicken, seafood ended immediately....all tasteless, poor choice. No single small glass of champagne or wine was offered free of charge. New Year's evening program was very short and primitive
Swimming pool: Large pieces of glass on the bottom, we claimed several times to reception, and nobody tried to clean that part of the pool. They only restricted access for a couple of days. Staff poured chlorine directly in the pool from a pail. Muddy dirty water. Nobody swam there after January 1.
Breakfast: Every day the same, of the cheapest products, yoghurt was available if you personally ask somebody of the staff. Empty bowls. Bowls for raw vegetables were almost or fully empty, especially cucumbers and tomatoes. After January 10 deserts were changed with pieces of bread, but it was not a large lost as choice of desserts was very poor, tasteless. And mosquitos are everywhere, especially in lobby and breakfast areas.
Location: beach nearby the hotel is very dirty and, if you want to swim in the clear water you have to go by feet (20 min.minimum) or to pay for tuk-tuk 30 bats per 1 person or minimum 60 bats, if you travel alone.
Staff: only 1 girl in blue T-shirt was fluent in English. She tried very hard to do everything from her, but nothing depends on her. Our friends got a problem with safe box in the evening, and engineer was available the next day only! "Lightning-fast" response to customer's request. In general, the staff was very nice and welcoming, but not fluent in English.
Cleanliness: ragged walls, cockroaches crawling out of air conditioning, empty jars for shampoo and shower gel...
Sleep quality: no soundproofing
Rooms are large, convenient, additional bed is available for adult, too. There is additional door in the room, and this door divides the room into two bedrooms.
My photos are enclosed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Aonang Ayodhaya 5 Stars Luxurious accommodation that blends Thai legendary hospitality with the old era of Siam tradition, Aonang Ayodhaya consists of 2 wings separately. Main wing " Ayodhaya suite wing " offer suite room type while "Success Wing" offers superior room,superior family room, deluxe room room, deluxe family type. Our Success wing is 3 floors high, there is no elevator in Success wing. We only have elevator for Ayodhaya suite wing. All the rooms provide true international features and services with a fascinating historical setting to ensure all guests a stay in absolute comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayodhaya Suites Resort And Spa
- Ayodhaya Hotel Ao Nang
- Ayodhaya Hotel Krabi
- Ayodhaya Resort Krabi
- Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort Krabi/Ao Nang