We reluctantly stayed here for 5 nights as a last minute resort because The Cliff Ao Nang overbooked themselves and left my family stranded on the day we arrived. There were 5 of us and we stayed in a Deluxe Pool Access Room and a Family Room.
At this hotel, their rooms are big and have the potential of a 4 star hotel, but its finishings and maintenance are that of a 2 star hotel. The mattresses are very hard and they do not provide toothbrushes nor any soap dish. Their rainshower is spoilt and water leaks out of it at strange angles, depriving us of a good proper shower. Balcony chairs were dirty, none of us dared to sit on it, table was dirty too.
The corridors are dark and creepy, looking like something out of a horror film at night. Some areas along the corridor weren't lit and we had to bring a torch out with us if we knew we were coming back at night.
The elevator never works, they tell you its because of power-saving but I've never seen it working whether morning, afternoon or night in my 5 days there. So if you're travelling with the elderly or with heavy luggages, good luck to you.
Pool water is yellow greenish and resembles a swamp. You can actually see the muck floating around in there. The pool area is big, yes. But that doesn't matter when the pool is filthy.
The lobby area where the free public wifi can be accessed is infested with mosquitoes. Although I dutifully sprayed mosquito repellent on myself, the mozzies could still got me on covered areas I neglected to spray, like my stomach area. A quick walk through the lobby without any repellent applied can earn you 5 bites.
Breakfast serves you the bare minimal. The only thing I enjoyed was toasted bread with butter and soya bean milk. Breakfast is up till 10am and most hotels would allow a buffer timing of up till 1030am to finish your meal. But this hotel switches off all lights and fans promptly at 10am, making you feel like you're eating in an unlit dungeon with really bad food.
Some reception staff on duty cannot speak English and it becomes a very painful process to communicate your needs or questions across.
There are also many China tour groups who stay here, possibly because the owner is Chinese. These people from the China tour groups woke us up one morning with their screaming and shouting from the corridor. Another morning one of them kept knocking on our door till we woke up and opened it. Upon realising they probably got the wrong room, the person just walked away without any apology.
After our 3rd night, my mum decided she had enough and wanted to forfeit our remaining 2 nights at Ayodhaya to stay somewhere else. Unfortunately we had to stay put because everywhere else was fully booked in Ao Nang. My mum cried because she felt like this was the most horrible holiday she had.
If it weren't for The Cliff Ao Nang who messed up the booking and payment we made to them 1 month in advance, we wouldn't have been made to go through this painful stay at Ayodhaya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Aonang Ayodhaya 5 Stars Luxurious accommodation that blends Thai legendary hospitality with the old era of Siam tradition, Aonang Ayodhaya consists of 2 wings separately. Main wing " Ayodhaya suite wing " offer suite room type while "Success Wing" offers superior room,superior family room, deluxe room room, deluxe family type. Our Success wing is 3 floors high, there is no elevator in Success wing. We only have elevator for Ayodhaya suite wing. All the rooms provide true international features and services with a fascinating historical setting to ensure all guests a stay in absolute comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayodhaya Suites Resort And Spa
- Ayodhaya Hotel Ao Nang
- Ayodhaya Hotel Krabi
- Ayodhaya Resort Krabi
- Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort Krabi/Ao Nang