We stayed at Centara from 26 - 29 October with our four kids. What a gorgeous place! After reading reviews we were concerned about the boat access, but frankly, it was very easy and the transfer boats the hotel provides are quite nice. Contrary to other reviews, though, I would not recommend you book the airport van transfer to the pier in advance. Our family was quoted 3600 baht (outrageous!) by the hotel a day before we arrived for their transport to the pier. I got lazy and waited until we arrived. We met the Centara rep immediately upon arrival at the airport, were quoted 1050 baht, and went straight to the pier. No doubt the same driver that would have taken us for over three times the price had I been proactive and planned in advance. Not the best first impression! Felt like I came close to getting a bit ripped off.
Having said that, I cannot imagine a more beautiful, restful, or well-kept resort. It's pristine, and the location is a great part of the charm. While there were only a few families we noticed with small kids, our kids were none-the-less treated like gold here. We've been to many excellent resorts, but what makes this place stand out is that somehow Centara manages to be family friendly without compromising on the quality or standards of this resort. And it's beautiful without being pretentious.
As for the reviews commenting on the staff, we found the staff to be wonderful, friendly, helpful and always available in every way. I had problems with the internet, and one phone call brought the IT rep from the resort all the way to my door in under 10 minutes.
Our premier sea view rooms were well appointed, clean, and large. I was glad to not have rented a villa, since the sea view rooms had plenty of privacy and superb, large balconies for significantly less money.
Spa treatments were great, with that special extra touch that lets you know you're in a quality resort. Very impressive.
Overall, our family was very happy here. Would love to see the resort add an extra boat for transport to Ao Nang, especially at night when the boat shuttles fill up quickly. Learned our lesson - next trip we'll book our transports a day in advance like everybody else that knows how quickly they book.
In the meantime, we're looking forward to returning again and again to this amazing resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang