Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$78
US$99
US$50
Krabi Tipa Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$48
  • Pool
US$113
US$109
Agoda.com
Krabi Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$61
US$70
US$60
Trip.com
US$153
US$79
  • Breakfast included
Ananta Burin Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Krabi La Playa Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$69
US$57
4,144 results
All reviewsmonkey trailon the rockslotus courtfloating jettyshuttle boatthai restaurantthe club loungeprivate beachspa deluxe roomocean facingfree boatboat servicelow tideonly accessible by boatjacuzzi on the balconybaht bonanzawooden steps
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We have recently returned from an 8 day stay at the centara and were very impressed with the whole experience. I would like to give special mention to the staff, who are some of the most helpful and welcoming that I have encountered. Singling out individuals would be inappropriate as all played their part in making our stay special.

The weather wasn't great when we were there (something we had fully anticipated having booked during the rainy season) but it failed to overshadow the quality of the hotel and great food available in the nearby town of ao-nang. When we had the energy we would walk a bit further into the town (just 20 minutes walk once across the "monkey trail") and would be rewarded with some great food for very low prices (around 80 baht per dish).

The room was outstanding - it exceeded my expectations in every way. The "ocean view" was just that, the room layout was novel and quirky and my wife and I were able to relax on the balcony without hearing any other sound than that of nature. I'm not sure if this was because of the relatively low occupancy during our stay but it made for a highly relaxing environment.

The resort was well maintained but at the same time had a very natural look and feel. I have rarely looked forward to the breakfast during hotel visits but the variety and quality of the food in the restaurant is fantastic and we particularly enjoyed eating outdoors because the water features and general layout are very pleasing to the eye.

Much has been said about the "monkey trail" which provides access to ao-nang, both good and bad. I agree that care must be taken, especially when navigating it at night, but I would argue that at least during the day, there is a hand rail and the incline and decline are brief, so it doesn't cause any real problems for the fit and healthy. I would point out that once off the monkey trail, you have to either pass across a small stretch of water (ankle-knee deep depending on time) running through a beach front, or alternatively follow a path through a forest area. The torch provided by the hotel in each room is pretty essential for the latter and it can be a bit unnerving first time around! I personally enjoyed this route to ao-nang but I can imagine that many would opt for the hospital shuttle boat which was pretty much available whenever we required it.

The only negative aspect of our stay was witnessing some young lads at the security lodge (start of the monkey trail) firing stones from catapultsat the monkeys. They tried to do this discretely but it was nonetheless, unpleasant to watch, cruel and something I think the hotel management should investigate further as I suspect other guests will not like to see it. I should point out however that this took place outside the hotel complex and is thus probably difficult for the hotel to police.

In summary, this is a well run, very beautiful hotel and I would recommend it to all.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
GeneralManagerCKBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear dancarless

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us.

We were all pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for specifically mentioning the staff and the great breakfast buffet.

I acknowledge your comment about the security staff with the monkeys and will monitor this further.

Once again many thanks for your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Krabi.

Kind regards, David Martens

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We had a great holiday at centara and the service was perfect!

The rooms are really beautiful and with the balcony space, we had enough in a double room for our two kids and us (2 x queen beds). The shower / bathroom was big enough for us all to shower at the same time!

A few helpful tips;-
- The food at the resort was absolutely delicious and very high quality and we went to all restaurants (except the Japanese one), however, if you need to budget a little, walk over the monkey trail (about a 15 minute walk) and you are in the neighbouring town and you can have a cheap meal. We walked it with our two kids and it was fine (although don’t carry any plastic bags as the monkeys think that you are going to feed them!)

- The kids club was pretty good and they did different activities every day and we didn't need to book (we put our kids, 4 & 5 in for an hour each day but you could choose some more activities if you wanted some more time for yourself

- Definitely book to include breakfast (the buffet was to die for and had everything you could want)

- We ended up in a room on top of the hill so quite a steep walk to and from our room, so if you don't like that idea as for a room near the restaurants / beach

- Make sure you keep your room locked (not just the main door but the door to your room, we got raided by Monkeys and they ate stuff from the mini bar (although the staff were really nice about it, cleaned it all up and didn't make us pay for anything)

I would definitely go here again and/or other Centara resorts!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the restaurant / pool / beach if you don't like climbing up a hill to your room (although it helped us walk off all the food we were eating)!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
GeneralManagerCKBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear sarah o

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay with us.
It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed the restaurant food and the room was to your liking.
I was also happy to see that that the kids club was able to keep your children occupied whilst you had some time to yourself.
Yes the monkeys are a challenge are we are constantly trying to ensure they don’t bother our guests too much, however as the resort is built in their habitat it is difficult to control.
Once again thank you for your support and recognition and we hope we see you again when you are next in Krabi.
Kind regards, David Martens

Reviewed 23 July 2012

just stayed there for 6 days. Room and balcony are spacious, great sea view. Pool beautiful. The beach is private and quiet. I also enjoyed the deposit 10,000B gets 5,000B free plan. Had a foot massage there, good environment but not worth the money.
Monkey trek is only a short way to Aonang beach. But since it's very hot, we only tried it once.
By the way one of the monkeys is impolite, once I tried to shoosh it away and it attacked me on the face, merely missed. I got angry and drove all of them out of my balcony with an unbrella. From then on they rarely came back. I saw one of the staff shooting at the monkeys once, with a catapult.
The pontoon (float pier) is not safe for the eldly. But my family and my daughter liked it.
May come back.

Room Tip: one must choose the sea view room, garden view rooms are the same size but much less pleasant
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The Centara Grand is situated in an absolutely unique and stunning private sandy cove, looking out to a James Bond style limestone pillar surrounded by limestone cliffs and jungle. The setting is impossible to do justice in words ... The hotel was very good value for money and all lunches and dinners were good, breakfast buffet has a good selection. Accessibility for elderly guests and the young and infirm is not made easy by the temporary jetty ( unable to build a perm one as its in a national park). We had a superb meal in the Japanese restaurant which was world class. Staff were helpful. We had just come from a six senses resort, and whilst we knew it wasnt in the same class, or price bracket, we werent disappointed and certainly got good value for money. Please hire a canoe and go to Rai Lay and Ton Say beaches a kilometer or so left in the next bay. They are stunning also. A good hotel in a world class location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tedzinho69

Dear tedzinho69

Thank you for sharing your kind words following your recent stay with us.
It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the resort great value.
I would also agree with you that a visit to Railay beach is something people should consider.
Once again thank you for the recognition and look forward to seeing you back at our resort when you are next in Krabi.
Best regards , David Martens

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Located in a secluded bay in a national park area with lots of monkeys makes it a nice destination. However for some it might be too secluded – since there are only two ways of reaching the resort – either by free “shuttle- boat” or by a trail through the forest area over a hill.
The staff was professional and service minded staff.
The spa treatment is good.
Travelling with children age 12 and 6, we stayed in a room with two queen size beds with a sea view and balcony area with couch and sun beds. The latter making the room size very good. The inside area was clean and nice; however balcony area cushions was dirty. The children were amused by the monkeys visiting the balcony.
We went in low season and found there was a bit crowdy around pool area.
We paid last minute price and therefore worth the price.
The Thai and European restaurant at the resort served very good food.

1  Thank FromHareskovby
GeneralManagerCKBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear FromHareskovby

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay with us. We were pleased to read you enjoyed your stay along with the food and the service.
My apologies for the cleanliness of the balcony cushions, I will follow up with the housekeeping department to ensure we can improve on this.
Once again many thanks for your recognition and support and look forward to welcoming you back when you are in next in Krabi
best regards, David Martens