I stayed two nights at Centara Grand in a Premium Deluxe room and wish I could have stayed longer! It is easily the best resort I have ever stayed at in my life, and I have stayed at a quite a few.
On arrival at the office in Ao Nang they took us to the pier, where White, the friendly transport manager, took us by boat to the resort. We landed on the floating pier, which was fun to walk on though it may be scary for some people.
An annoyance was that we arrived at the stated check in time of 2pm, but we were told the room was not ready, and had to wait about an hour for the room to be ready.
However when we finally got to our room we were not disappointed! The room was modern and beautiful, furnished with bright tasteful colours. The bathroom was very spacious and modern. The bathtub was large and I enjoyed a heavenly bath in that tub every night. There was a big balcony at the front and also a side balcony. The sea view from the room was absolutely stunning, one of the best views ever.
I was initially a bit hesitant to book this resort as I had concerns with ease of access to and from Ao Nang, but I did not regret it, as the beautiful setting more than made up for the inconvenience. It was inconvenient as is true that the boats are not very regular and fill up quickly. There are other ways to get to and from the resort, such as the monkey trail, but I would not have done that at night. On the first day after checking into the hotel, we went out to Ao Nang in the evening, and just missed the boat at 9.30pm back to the resort. We telephoned the hotel to book a place on the next boat, which was at 10.30pm, and they said that was fine. However after waiting one hour at the pier, when we tried to board the next boat we were denied as we did not have tickets. There was another couple who had lost their tickets and were also denied. We had to call the resort again and put them on the phone to the boat people to clear up the confusion, and only after that we were allowed on the boat. This was definitely very frustrating.
For this reason I would not recommend this resort to people who want to frequently travel to Ao Nang and do not have a set timetable about when they will leave and come back, as everything really needs to be planned early and you really need to be on time for the boats or it can be very frustrating.
However the resort is so beautiful compared to Ao Nang that you do not really want to leave the resort that often. The beauty of the resort really outweighs all the annoyances I had with the staff.
The monkeys were very cute and a joy to watch, and were one of the best things about the resort.
There is a beautiful beach out the front of the resort, and there are activities such as kayaking, which I did one day. The kayaking is free for an hour, which was more than enough for me. The swimming pools were great, and had a view to the sea. We went during low season, and we did not have any trouble at all getting sunbeds by the pool or on the beach.
The restaurants at the resort were very good. I ate at the Lotus Court, Hagi, and Rim Saai and was not disappointed with the quality of the food, but the prices were very expensive, bordering on exorbitant for some things. At Hagi I had the best duck sushi I have ever eaten in my life. At Rim Saai the green curry I had was very spicy and a very small serving, but the Tom Kha soup was delicious. At the Lotus Court the seafood meal I had was very good, and we also had the icecream made fresh at your table with liquid nitrogen. It was a great experience to see the icecream being made in front of your eyes. The final product was good, but I have had better icecream and I'm not sure it was worth the $17 for each icecream, a total of $35!
The breakfast buffet was fantastic, it had a wide range of food and something for everyone. The food in the buffet was of a good quality.
This truly is an excellent resort, the best I have ever stayed at, but still could be improved by having more regular boat services, so it isn't so hard to get to and from the resort, and by having the rooms ready more promptly upon check in. This would be perfect for anyone who just likes to stay in the resort and relax, as there could not be a more beautiful and relaxing setting. I would highly recommend it even to people who like to go to town (like myself), as all the positives outweigh the difficulty of access.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Prestigia, Fastbooking, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang