I stayed at the Resort from the 15 - 23 Dec. 2012.
When I arrived at the airport somebody of the resort was already waiting for me to bring me to Ao Nang beach, where a former US Navy amphibian vehicle took me to the resort. I was surprised how far up the room is so prepare yourself for a bit of exercise to get to the sea-view rooms.
The Resort itself is beautiful in their own bay. Because of that you have to take the shuttle boat to the bier in Ao Nang. The idea is good but you have to book in advance when you want to go on the boat and it can be full quite quickly. Unfortunately it is only going every hour, even though the transportation takes 5 or max.10 min.
The Monkeytrail is definitely not suitable to cross to Ao Nang in the evening for dinner, but the hotel is clearly saying that it is NOT an alternative to the shuttle, it is kind of a hiking trail.
In the morning the money were very active on my balcony, but they are playing and as long as you leave them alone and/or have food with you they will not care about you very much.
The food was not too bad. I had Pizza in the restaurant "On the Rocks" which was very delicious.
All in All I would definitely come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Prestigia, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang