The centara was the final destination of our honeymoon and we thought we'd saved the best for last.
We decided to book a jacuzzi room as it was our honeymoon and we certainly weren't disappointed. The room was huge and beautifully decorated. When we arrived in the room we were presented with a very delicious cake and rose petals on the bed to celebrate our honeymoon which was a nice touch. Really have no complaints about the room.
The breakfast was good with lots of variety. That said it was a daily battle to get any more than 1 cup of coffee. We would be offered tea or coffee when we first sat down and the waitress would pour a cup rather than leaving a flask of coffee so we could have multiple cups, which is fine if you are then offered another cup ( I need coffee in the morning). However we always struggled to get anyone's attention to ask for more coffee, in most cases giving up.
Another disappointing thing about breakfast was one morning when I selected a couple of pieces of bread from the bread basket and then looked down on my plate and saw that there were tiny ants coming from the bread, needless to say I left the bread alone for the rest of my stay.
I was quite disappointed by the service at the centara. We dined at on the rocks one evening and had to wait almost 15 minutes for our beers, despite it not being busy and then once our meal was brought out we had to ask for salt multiple times before it was brought over and some of the waiters seemed to lack the notion if service with a smile, felt like our requests were just a hassle. Whilst we did encounter some great staff I was quite underwhelmed in general by the level of service.
I would like to recognize Maw who was the waiter when we had private dining on the beach and he also served us at on the rocks. He's brilliant very happy and smily, professional and delivered great service if all the staff were like him I'm sure we'd have had a much better experience.
I also felt disappointed by the level of cleanliness around the resort. Whilst swimming in the pool one day someone had nicely left 2 beer cans on the side of the pool, there they remained for 2 days after. Also we used the same sun loungers for a few days running. There was a mound if cigarette butts ( not from us) that never got cleaned away. The ladies toilets downstairs from the lobby also looked like they could do with a good clean and spruce up.
All in all we did enjoy our stay but I do feel that a lot of work needs to be done to improve the level of service and also the general cleanliness if the resort. We paid a lot of money (for us) to stay at the resort and so I do feel slightly let down that our experience did not live up to expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge with one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Fastbooking, Priceline, Agoda, Travelbag, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang