Right lets start at the beginning we arrived being dropped at the pier at 10 to 6 in the evening to be met by someone who took our names and gave us tags the said right I finished now boat at 6.30 I thought here we go, the boat turned up got to the hotel and the check in was slow again i thought oh no.
The room was fantastic spa bath on the balcony (room 1042) views not all that but we came for the beach/pool so who cares for that.
The beach even though public is very quiet, the main pool was quite busy but the tranquil pool was just that (this is where we were near).
The hotel location is fantastic in the nature reserve so you will get the monkeys popping in to see what they can find which we found to be a added pleasure more than annoyance ( you are after all in their natural home ).
Getting to Ao Nang town is a bit of a task either the monkey trail, not to bad for the able bodied or not scared of monkeys and rickety woodwork (this is not a moan but an honest opinion) or book the boat which is not to bad if you book in advance early enough.
The food in the hotel is fairly decent but can be a little pricey as are the drinks.
We did have a member of our party who fell over stepping off the jetty and hurt their ribs we went to reception to see if there was any first aid of which there was not till the medical centre opened the next morning( sorry for bringing this up but should be a first aider on all the time).
I have really thought about this review a lot and it could bee so easy to knock this hotel for lots of little things but I could see that the management team are really working hard to iron out all the issues and it's not easy to please everyone and to be honest i really did have a cracking 9 nights here and would recommend to others (have already to a friend for next year).
I would like to thank the 2 staff in the club lounge, Cha and Dang, were very attentive and always had a smile to make you feel welcome, also Eric the food and beverage boss was always around busy, busy, busy and great to have a chat too (thanks Eric for sorting out my Brothers 50th Birthday meal).
Many thanks to all the staff we encountered on our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Ebookers, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang