We booked a premium deluxe ocean facing room. It has a fantastic view of the bay and resort. The room has an L shaped balcony ( means you can sit out even if it is raining), massive bathroom / wet room and very comfortable beds.
There are little buggies you can hop on to get back up to your room as it is built on a slope. The walk down to the pool, beach , restaurants is easy enough.
Staff at the resort are lovely and very helpful. We did have a very drawn out check in, no one communicates very well so you don't know when you are likely to check in.
You can reach the resort by shuttle boat ( speed boat) which the hotel provide but you need to book, long tail boat( if the weather is good, or a walk called the monkey trail,up step wooden steps across a steep trail).
If you want you want to eat anywhere other than the resort then you need to get along to the next bay, which you can only do by boat or monkey trail.
Unfortunately we experienced really heavy rain on a few days, we managed to get out by speed boat for dinner but then they cancelled the boat back because of the weather and we had to walk up the monkey trail in the dark and the wet... Quite scary as the hand rail is broken in parts and obviously not wearing the right shoes for this experience! Never mind we survived! Overall a beautiful place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang