I loved this resort!!! I stayed here for three nights with my sisters in a premier Deluxe ocean view room!
Arriving at the resort is an experience in itself... There are no roads so you arrive via the hotels speed boat to the private jetty. I had read reviews about this and was pleasantly surprised! It's more of a floating pontoon than a jetty and a bit of fun walking down it! I can see it would be a bit difficult if the sea was rough, but it really wasn't an issue!
We were greeted on the jetty and escorted to the check in area where we were given cool drinks to sip while we waited for our key! We were then escorted in a golf buggy up to our room! WOW!!! The room was amazing! They do warn to keep the balcony door shut because of the monkeys but we didn't see any near our room!
We ate at all the restaurants and the food was amazing, but we thought the menus could have been a bit more extensive!
The pool area appeared small but was actually perfect and very relaxing!
To get to the village of Ao nang you can get the complementary speed boat to the main pier and then a tuk tuk for about $4 or take the monkey trail!!! We did both! The monkey trail is steep but definitely doable. I am by no means super fit and did it fine... If a bit hot and bothered. But the reward is the cute little baby monkeys playing in the river and jumping into the water from the trees!
Ao Nang was a great little town! Much nicer than Patong and still lots of shopping and places to eat! The beach is beautiful!
Overall we had an amazing time! The resort was amazing and the staff wonderful! The only downside was the lack of internet in the public areas and it was also a little slow, but we were on holidays and keeping track of Facebook was not my priority!
I highly recommend this resort!
My favourite part was when we were picked up from the jetty for a trip to Phi Phi Island and everyone who was already on the boat from other hotels were so impressed and jealous of our hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge with one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang