Ao Nang beach is a fair way from the airport and to get to the resort, you will need to take a boat. We actually didn't know this but got the resort's own boat just in time. In any case, boats seem to go regularly, but do check.
Its been a tough year for my wife and I and all we wanted was no more than to sit under the sun, read a book and be waited on. That's what we got and as we were not looking for anything else, it did strike me that maybe, guests might find longstays a little boring in terms of feeling a little confined.
There are activities but as lovely as the resort is, its out the way a bit. As I say, ideal for us though and we had a wonderfully relaxing time!
The setting is quite spectacular and this does aid relaxation. The breakfasts are very good but in terms of other options, you are restricted to the resort which makes it expensive. I would not recommend the buffet meals,as I would not recommend buffets generally but we ate in the Thai restaurant al a carte and it was good. No problems with staff and the rooms were excellent.
All in all, it was ideal for us, very relaxing and not loud. I am not sure I would go again but thats not because we were in anyway disappointed, but because next time we might want something different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge with one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang