We had all the exciting expectations of the hotel and the location but it turned out to be a 5* location with 3* service- the location of the hotel was amazing and we pinched ourselves every day when we looked at the view from the balcony of our bedroom.
Cleanliness was an issue there was an inch of dust on the surround of the bath and sink area which was not touched the whole time we were there.
The accommodation was spacious but there was no dressing table and mirror to sit and dry my hair and had to resort to improvising and dragging a stool from bedroom area into bathroom and sitting on 2 of the bed cushions so I was able to see into the bathroom mirror.
Service at the hotel was very poor -complete lack of attention at the sunbed area close to the beach had to go to bar and order drinks ourselves and carry them back which I don't believe is what u should expect with a 5* rated hotel . The staff at the 'on the rocks' pool bar were surly and did seem happy to work there and had difficulty understanding basic English which made ordering difficult.
There was an extensive menu for lunch at this bar as well as a dish of the day but for evening time this was reduced to a minimal offering of a few dishes- the drinks were overpriced but the redeeming feature were the lychee and passion fruit mojitos but these were only available at the night club bar 'deep blu' in the evening. The monkey trail which is the only access to the town other than the speedboat (and for anyone with fear of height issues this was scary, rickety and ill made )and because of this I was unable to use it. The accommodation is built on different levels up the limestone crag and was a difficult climb due to the steep gradient, there were buggy drivers employed to convey guests to their rooms- these drivers were never available and the wait for them was so excruciatingly long that we just walked which wasn't enjoyable especially in the heat of the day
Breakfast was enjoyable with a good choice and the Asian cuisine was tasty.
I did complain at the time about the service to the manager Eric who wasn't happy to have to deal with a complaint and stated that "its the Thai way" which should definitely not the justification for his staffs lack of service -it is down to his lack of managerial skills and training of his staff.
Although this is an amazing place would not return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge with one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Agoda, Travelbag, HotelsClick, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang