We arrived at the Nopparatthara Pier just 3 mins to 13:30 and perfect timing for the speedboat to take us to Centara, long drive from Koh Lanta, but excited to go to the bay and stay at something completely different, hat the speedboat driver just calm down a bit, and not burned out the 2 x 200 horse powered engines, then we would have been trilled with the arrival at Centara, now we were strangely wet with our new sea water hair setting . . . what is the rush for - if you spend 5 more minutes (5-10 knobs less), we would all have arrived dried and amazed????
We got the only room you do not want to have at Centara Grand Beach (room 1032) for this we blaim our travel agent, and not Centara, but we spent a day negotiating us up the hill, so sea view is not between restaurant roof tops and when people are not looking at you, but rather a real and full view of the wonderful bay, where only monkeys are looking at you - thank you for saving our vacation for that (Think it was Tongram who made it happen).
The not so good things:
Complementary water means a number of bottles (2 is default) in your room, otherwise you will have to pay in any bar or restaurant and since it's a 5 star resort, the price for water is app 10 times higher than in 7/11 or Family Mart, but most annoying is the extra effort to get water as we tend to consume a couple of liters a day, and it doesn't have to be from Evian France (who cares)
- water being complementary, means served at the beach, in the restaurants a.s.o. - otherwise not 5 star
Boat service is a struggle, why don't you just have 2 speed boats going from and to the resort every 30 mins, seems overly strange that you have an hourly service and then long tail options on the side where you have to pay for a service worse than the speed boat (at least the speed boat is not as wet, when you have to go back to resort in the evening)
The concept of having a price list where 10% service and 7% tax is not included, is just not OK, show the price as it is includng service and tax, and then we can use the line on your receipts for tips as we please, now it seems as a rip off, when you are charging 3,500 bath for a massage and then adding first 10% and then 7%, leading to a 4,200 Bath massage, or your 250 cocktail becomes app 300 bath, then it makes little sense at least to us - adding 10% tips to such a bill is a struggle, and we really mean to tip for the hard working employees you have!!!
The room (at least after shifting up hill), we loved the breakfast, sitting next to the fish pond, potentially seeing the lizard (Monitor) - huge creature having a fish for breakfast, and the monkeys in the earlier morning (trying to steal from the morning table) or later afternoon (we did do the monkey trail a couple of times - and yes it's good exercise for a couple in our 50'ties), but absolutely worth the effort and arriving on the Ao Nang Beach, seeing the monkeys looking for crabs or playing with the beach guests is lot's of fun (and a little scary :-)) - take it seriously when the tell you not to feed the monkeys, they can spot a micro banana in a shopping bag way earlier than you would anticipate, and then it's too late to do anything but hand over the bag of be swarmed by monkeys (my wife can tell from own experience :-))
On the Rocks (beach restaurant) was good for lunch snack, Hagi's one of the best japanese restaurants we visited (we are more sashimi type of folks), and Rim Saai is a nice Thai restaurant, so together with Lotus Court (serving breakfast, lunch and dinner western style), you are well covered all day and night. People complaining about the price tag are just not in the right place, what do they expect???
Great fitness and massage also, and we loved the Thai evening and buffet, and yes we do understand it's more expensive to go for a buffet, but having +30 couses a la carte to chose from, it's absolutely OK to pay a little more (and it's really only a little more) for the great selection of all you can eat buffet - thank you
Last but not least, nice smiling and helpful people everywhere, even when we meet at the monkey trail and you are on your way back from a long day at work, you have the professionalism and courtesy not to laugh of the sweating guests, who's trying to just go to Ao Nang for a tourist experience. . . thanks
The Deep blue bar is not a place you want to sit for your happy hour, happy hour belongs with the sun set e.g. On The Rocks, and now that you finalised the maintenance, you should have happy hours there from 5-7 every day, that will boost your turnover and guest experience
Refresh the sun beds, or at least the mattreses, they are not up for the job, and also your parasols (beach umbrellas) are done, it's only because we are nice people that we do not tell you to your face
The long tail motorway going from Ao Nang to wherever is really not a pleasant experience, seem really odd, that you have such a great (and I really mean beautiful) location and then having the all day long noise from Long tail boats going forward and back . . . what a pitty
The entertaiment for the buffet in Rim Saai was more than what we see at similar places, but unfortunately a little difficult to see (no matter where you sit), so perhaps a little maintenance would be in place :-)
Thank you for a great vaction, we did like it, few things to change and we would go the full 5 star...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge with one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fastbooking, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Agoda, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang