“Beautiful Hotel, very nice rooms and pretty beach ! Definately recomend it”

Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi
Ranked #4 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Beautiful Hotel, very nice rooms and pretty beach ! Definately recomend it”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Beautiful Hotel ! Amazing room, balcony and bathroom !
Very nice beach and excellent service !
We were at the hotel for 4 nights and had the best time. Service staff was very attentive and helpful. Very happy with Safari Camp for kids and baby seater service.
Hotel provides kayak and SUP free for the first hour, which was great !
Here are some tips : Great food at Hotel's Thai restaurant !
Room Service was very nice as well, specially for kids menu, which allowed our baby to have dinner in the room while we were taking showers and relaxing after beach/pool.
Kayaking on the left side towards Railey ! Just stunning !
Monkey Trail was nice and smooth ... we went to have dinner in Ao Nang and felt very lucky to have chosen Centara, since Ao Nang was not enjoyable at all.
Affordable long tail trips at the concierge. I had done a lot of research and Hotel booked us a private tail for Hong + 4 Islands at fair price. If you are going on a boat trip, go early since all sites get packed with tourists and it's hard to get the perfect picture.

Definitely recommend this hotel and would love to go back !

Room Tip: We have a small baby and were not very happy to hear that we were at the 3rd floor, however, when we...
1 Thank erikaabs
GeneralManagerCKBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear erikaabs

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read you and your family enjoyed their overall stay and thank you for acknowledging the efforts of all the team, including the staff at Camp Safari kids club.

I appreciate your comments about the stairs, however you cannot have the best view without walking up stairs, the higher you are the better the view.

Once again thank your for your support and recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Krabi.

Kind regards, David Martens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent 6 nights there and really enjoyed our stay - we had two rooms on the top floor facing the sea so had great views out to sea. Would thoroughly recommend it on the basis of the following:

1. Rooms - comfortable beds, really nicely done out, great balconies for staring out to sea
2. Pools - right by the beach.. one for kids and fun and one for adults to relax by
3. Beach - really really nice beach with sun loungers available - the sea was fantastic and as you are cut off from the main town, you do feel quite secluded which we liked ... hotel offers free kayaks and paddle boards which are fun .. we'd suggest not bothering about the trips to other beaches and islands as they are just crammed with day-trippers and the beaches are no better than the one at the resort
4. Food - really superb breakfast buffet and the restaurants also did good food in the evenings as well as snacks in the daytime.. even the pizza was good (they have a proper pizza oven and know how to use it)

I can see from other reviews that some people don't like being cut off from the main town and don't like the "wobbly" jetty, but they really are minor things unless you like being in the thick off it all... which we don't. I can also see that some people had niggles with the service, but all the staff we met with were fantastic ...

We will definitely return as it really feels like you are away from it all, but with all the stuff you need to have a good time.

Room Tip: If you can get an ocean view room and a top floor room, go for those
1 Thank Marky1965Brum
GeneralManagerCKBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Marky1965Brum

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read your family enjoyed their overall stay and thank you for acknowledging the efforts of all the team.

Our beach is not crowded like many other beaches in the area, and the free use of the kayaks and our new longboards are very popular to explore the limestone formations around the bays edge.

The chef was also happy to read you enjoyed the wood fired pizzas as the staff get great enjoyment of making them fresh to order.

Best regards, David Martens
Reviewed 20 April 2014

just returned from a visit with my 4 children who loved it! Lucky to have a 2 bed beach villa, very large accommodation, very clean and only steps from the beach. Club room was great, particularly the canapes at 5.30. Breakfast good as was the Thai restaurant and pool bar. No issues at all with service and I am not known for my patience! Very prompt and efficient. Room service excellent and fast.
I didn't find the food at all expensive, very reasonable, particularly if you enter the Baht bonanza scheme.
Monkey trail was no problem, nor was the ferry and one day accessed the town by wading through the water around the headland.
All staff at all times extremely friendly and pleasant and the lady on the concierge desk organised trips to our exact requirements. Staff organised pool games as part of Thai new year celebrations.
There were a lot of children around the pool, but as I had 4 I can hardly complain, it was easter holidays!
pier was fun rather than a problem.

Room Tip: If you dont have children and want a double villa ask for one away from the pool
1 Thank Patchesmum
Dear Patchesmum

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read your family enjoyed their overall stay and yes the beachfront villas are very spacious with easy access to the beach.

Chef was pleased to read you enjoyed his food in our outlets and yes the Club lounge and its benefits is becoming increasingly more popular.

Thank you for acknowledging the friendliness and efforts of all the staff and once again thank you for your kind support and recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Krabi.

Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this amazing resort. We got married in Bangkok and then had our buddhist monk ring blessing here which was truly memorable. All the staff were amazing and so vey helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. We will certainly come back for an anniversary as this place will hold a very special place in our hearts. The spa in the resort was relaxing and thoroughly recommended. The monkey experience was truly wonderful, we just love this resort.
Jacqui & David

Room Tip: We had a room with jacuzzi on balcony, lovely to relax in as the sun sets over the bay.
1 Thank Jacqui H
Dear JacquiCindy

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your honeymoon and our spa room with the jacuzzi on the balcony.

We appreciate the generous support and recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back on your anniversary or when you are next in Krabi.

The Midlands
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed for 10 nights in early April. Transfers were seamless and we waited no longer than 5 minutes for the boat. We were met off the Boat by Suun, a lovely helpful guy who assisted us with check in. We upgraded from a Spa Deluxe Ocean facing room to a "Pool Villa" because hey, you only live once!! and were not disappointed. Spectacular views to wake up to every morning, right at the top of the resort which is a LONG way up the cliff face but worth it for the views and Buggies collected us and took us back to the Villa so we did not have to walk. There was some confusion though over our upgrade and the "Club Benefits". I had assumed these were included in the upgrade price and was surprised to be told that Club benefits were an extra 900THB pp per day! After a few days these benefits were given to us for no extra charge but I think it should be made CLEAR at the time that the upgrade price is for the "room only" and does not include the club. I also think that this is a bit stingy and that when you are staying in a Villa it SHOULD be included. We also had a few issues with our pool whilst staying but let me say this:
It is only fair in my opinion that if you have ANY issues you should bring them to the attention of the management straight away which is what we did, it is only fair to give them the opportunity to rectify the situation rather than not saying anything and slagging them off on Trip Advisor or to your friends!! Our issues were dealt with without delay and the staff did everything they could to help and we could not fault their response. So a huge big up to them for such prompt attention.
The resort itself we thought was FANTASTIC, How people can complain about the "Drone" of Long Tail Boats passing is beyond me. I mean, come on, this is paradise, some people you just cant please eh! Access was also not a problem and we chose this resort BECAUSE of its remoteness so again, surely people are aware of this BEFORE they book???? Breakfast was Excellent, as was Thai restaurant Rim Sai, Room service was good and we also ate at On The Rocks, food great, service a little slow sometimes but hey, you are ON HOLIDAY! relax.........
Some of the food is expensive but you get what you pay for in my opinion and we did not have a bad meal in 10 days. We only went out once into town for dinner. On our last night we did "Dinner on the beach", set up beautifully and worth every penny so if you can afford it and its a special occasion "or not" DO IT, its something to tick off my bucket list now and I was not disappointed. The pools were great, we spent a lot of time at the " relaxing pool" which was quieter and we did not ever have an issue trying to find a sunbed although the hotel was very busy. The beach is divine, and the water the warmest I think I have ever swam in, as I write this review I'm wishing I was back there now!!!! We did not use the Monkey Trail as I had an ankle injury but the monkeys did visit us at the Villa which was lovely and again, one of the highlights for us and the reasons why we booked this resort. If you are looking for spectacular locations and wonderful wildlife, you cannot go wrong.
I have to mention a few "STAND OUT" staff for us during our stay:

"ZEF" the Food and Beverage Manager - AMAZING guy, always present and one of the nicest, most genuine and helpful managers we have ever come across. Zef took care of issues we had even though they were nothing to do with his department and sorted them immediately without any fuss and I think because he was so "present" you felt that you could easily approach him, in fact at first I thought he was the general manager! What a lovely, lovely guy.

"Cha" at Lotus Court for breakfast - again so helpful and kind, ALWAYS had a smile and willing to help.

"Sa" and "Dang" in The Club, were also amazing, lovely friendly faces, so welcoming, efficient and just helped to "make" the whole experience.

( The only thing I would say about The Club, is at times, there were a lot of children present and seemed to be left to their own devices, so a lot of shouting, play fighting, always at the buffet on their own. Although we don't have children, we are not anti children and respect that this is a place for "all" but I do think they should be seated with their parents ( as some were) rather than given a free reign, or perhaps you could look at having a "child Free" or "Quiet" hour for adults to enjoy their drinks without the constant noise and distraction) just a thought.

I know that this has been a VERY long review and I apologise but this was a special holiday for us and I have been reading reviews on this hotel for at least 12 months myself, on a couple of occasions I very nearly cancelled on the basis of some bad reviews but I'm so glad I didn't.

You cannot fail to be blown away by the location of this hotel, add to that the helpfulness of the staff and you have the perfect holiday and if you have a problem VOICE IT, we did and because of the swift action taken I can give it nothing but an EXCELLENT rating. :0)

Room Tip: Get the best room you can, as high as possible for the best view.
7 Thank themidlandsbailey
GeneralManagerCKBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear themidlandsbailey

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read your family enjoyed their overall stay and thank you for specifically mentioning Zafer our food and beverage director, Khun Cha in Lotus Court and Khun Dang in the Club. These comments have been shared with them and they are greatly appreciated.

I also appreciate you re-enforcing that if you have an issue, please raise it with a member of the management team, as we are willing to address any of our short comings during guests stay so that you can get on and enjoy your vacation.

I acknowledge your comments about the children in the Club Lounge as we also were surprised at the number of families that upgraded to the Club benefits this year.

Bets regards, David Martens
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is our third visit to this hotel and this time we bought my brother and his new wife[there first visit]and what a place this is my favourite place of all time.
The staff are wonderfull especially K,ACK,YA AND LEROY,the location is fantastic and good food,the best bits must be the Monkey trail the flooting pontoon and of course the Monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!.
Just read up before you go do not complain because it is not justified at all and buy the Batt bonanza this is really good value.
We will be back as soon as possible and thanks again to David and his staff for making our holiday so special every time.

Gillian,Mick,David and Jackie.

Room Tip: Any room but the top has the best view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mick b
GeneralManagerCKBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear mick b

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and Gillian back to the resort along with your brother in law and his wife. Sorry I never got a chance to say good bye before you left and I trust you had a great trip home.

Let me know when you get the chance to return again and thank you for your generous support and recognition.

Best regards, David Martens
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

You arrive in a shuttle boat. The resort looks great. We chose this hotel because our friends stayed here on honeymoon five years ago and loved it. Since then it has because very child friendly and it us full of kids. If you are a couple you might want to see west your options are. That being said you still had good service. The only restaurant I could recommend us the pool bar. Leeroy provided outstanding service. The other waiters were unfriendly, slow and unwilling to engage. That being said they were able to alter food as requested.

We asked for no pork in a fish in the European restaurant and were told they do not take special requests and the same in the thai restaurant.

Our room was nice, we had a jacuzzi in the front terrace but we couldn't use it after sunset because of poor lighting. The cleaner left the door open when cleaning and so monkeys would get into our room and steal things. Yep, it's a jungle behind and there are lots of monkeys!

Pools was full of kids. The beach towel guy was unfriendly. Free kayak which was cool the sun loungers are so close to each other that we put our towels on the sand instead. Spa in the resort in very good. Food is expensive here. Takes ages for the bar men to make your drinks. A bit too remote considering it's packed with children.

1 Thank Foysoal123
Dear Foysoal123

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your overall stay and thank you for acknowledging the efforts of Leroy and please accept my apologies that some of the other staff you interacted with were not as friendly as they should have been.

Yes April is Easter school holidays as well as Thai New Year so the resort is traditionally filled with families and children during this time.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we will continue to work on meeting the expectation of all our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ao Nang
Krabi Resort
#18 of 108 in Ao Nang
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort

Been to Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi? Share your experiences!