I don’t know where to start really. The positives were that the room and the balcony area were lovely & always cleaned to high standards. The monkeys were a bonus & we felt very comfortable around them, you can tell they are used to people very entertaining! The beach is poor it isn’t what it looks like in the photos so don’t expect it!
When we arrived here unfortunately we had very bad weather it rained constant for 4 days. This meant that the location of this hotel & how you access it was not as enjoyable as if the sun was shining! The water was very choppy and we did not feel safe on the floating pier at all. May I add that be prepared to see your luggage thrown around!
This brings me to my next point- The mini bar in the room & the in room service is majorly overpriced! One of us become ill while in Thailand and for a bottle of water it was around £2.75, seeing as we had very poor weather conditions and were bed bound ill for a few days we had no choice but to pay the price. As well as didn’t feel like going to eat so ordered room service same again so expensive! The staff give you 2 small bottles of complimentary water but that’s it. I have stayed in better hotels in Thailand where staff continue to offer water throughout the day.
Also for the price you pay to stay in this hotel I personally feel it’s very bad that they then continue to charge you for WIFI access in rooms. Everything in this hotel is overpriced.
We checked out a day early, we went down to book the boat back across to Ao Nang and explained that we were leaving. The lady booked us on the 12.00 boat back across & informed us that somebody would be up to collect our luggage around 11.30. We were waiting and nobody turned up to collect our luggage, we called down and explained & were put on hold to be cut off. Nobody called back to let us know what was going on so called yet again! They said somebody would be up in 5 minutes, it was 11.55 at this time we panicked as we had a flight and the next ferry at 1.00 means we would not make it to the airport in time. Me and my partner decided to struggle down the rookery wooden steps with our luggage when a golf cart pulled up and helped us the rest of the way- no apologies or anything! 5*?? No. We continued to check out & luckily the boat was running late so we just made it on. Safe to say apart from the stunning animals and clean room I wouldn’t advise this hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang