We spent a week at the Centara in Feb - I think some reviewers must have been staying at a different hotel! The hotel is in fantastic location - great beach and fabulous sunsets. Stayed in room 1213 which had a great view . Room was excellent, very clean. Massive comfortable bed
Arrival at the hotel by boat is great - the floating pontoon is fine and you'll soon get used to it.
Access to Ao Nang is fine - only used the shuttle boat once. Found it much easier to use the Monkey trail - it only takes about 10-15 minutes to get you to the first bars on Ao Nang beach. It is bit rickety and steep, but as long you as you are reasonably healthy it's no problem. We were not troubled by monkeys at all - we only saw them at the beach end and they were too interested in the tourists who were feeding them.
We had attentive, friendly but unobtrusive service throughout our stay. Contrary to other reviews, we had no problem getting sunbeds - there are plenty, especially along the edge of the beach. Plenty in the shade too - which we needed in Feb. The giant beanbags on the beach are great too.
Breakfast was really good - large selection and choices varied daily. Also had lunch in the rocks bar a couple of times - food was fine and service was good. Otherwise we took the monkey walk into town to eat.
We would definitely stay in this hotel again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge with one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travelbag, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang