Check in was very slow and we were allocated wrong room type. We had booked deluxe ocean facing and they tried to give us garden view and blamed it on the holiday company. After refusing they finally gave us an upgrade to a premium room but on ground floor which wasnt ideal but after more the 12 hours of travelling we accepted it.
The room was very large, airy and spacious with 2 big beds and a very deep bath tub and rainforest shower. It really was a lovely room and very clean.
There were minor irritations with the room maintenance such as the sink plug not working and the fan pulleys being broken .
We ate at several hotel restaurants. Rim Saii which was Thai was below par, two meals had to go back as the quality of the meat was very poor.
On the Rocks which was their beachside restaurant was up and down also. Some meals good but on one particular day when i ordered a tuna sandwich the tuna was uncooked, and i mean completely uncooked!. When i complained to management he said he would cook it for me then it came out again completely uncooked. We didnt pay of course and by this time we were completely fed up so complained to the hotel manager who arranged to have a meal cooked specially for us at the Lotus Court restaurant which we had ate at before and enjoyed.
Everything in the hotel was very very expensive and the people complaining of extortianate prices are completely right. We expected 5 star prices but this went beyond that. For example in the Lotus Court we paid approx £70 for 3 courses for 2 without drinks. Beers were around £2.50 for small can. The hotel laid on special barbecue nights but the prices were around £35 per person.
The swimming pools were very nice but too many kids, also the kids were in the jacuzzi pool as well despite there being signs saying no children under 12 allowed.
The hotel bar Deep Blu was great with a happy hour of 2 for 1 till 10pm.
We caught the shuttle boat into Ao Nang a couple of times but the hotel boat dropped you off at a nearby beach and then you needed a taxi ride into Ao Nang at 40 baht each. Also what i thought was extremely bad was one night the boat back to hotel said the engine had failed and then refused to talk further to us. There were 6 hotel guests just left on the beach while the boat driver from the hotel ignored us. We had to get a local longboat driver to take us back at extra expense. There was no follow up or apology from the hotel.
All in all it is a lovely resort but location not so good and although on surface it seems they care about customer service the reality is sadly lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Fastbooking, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang