We spent 12 days at the Centara and it's difficult to add anything that hasn't already been said about the hotel. We stayed in a Spa Deluxe Ocean facing room- room 1135, what amazing views, just incredible to wake up and look out at the rocks jutting out in the ocean. We did however have a few problems with the jacuzzi on our balcony and had to call out the engineer to fix it, which he did within 15 mins so we were able to enjoy cooling down with a glass of beer looking out over the bay. The monkeys do sometimes come around the balconies so keep your doors closed or they'll be popping in looking for fruit!!
The food is amazing, we ate most nights in the Thai restaurant at the hotel, they were very obliging as I am a vegetarian and would cook things just for me. Breakfast is incredible, anything and everything you could wish for, it's self service so you can just help yourselves to as much as you want. The pool area is good, plenty of loungers around the pool or looking out to the sea.
The hotel is spread up the hill and as such has a lot of steps all around the resort, some people using pushchairs were struggling as there are no ramps but steps into the reception, steps out of reception to the rooms and steps going into the restaurants, so I would suggest that if you have mobility issues or use a wheelchair that this hotel wouldn't be suitable.
Access to Ao Nang is good fun - either take the Monkey Trail which is a bit rickety but only takes 5 mins, or take a boat or walk around the rock at low tide.
Overall we had a lovely holiday, good food, fabulous room, friendly staff, but I can understand some of the other negative comments that have been written.
It probably isn't 5 star quality, the hotel is 5 years old and does need some attention in places, english isn't always understood but then it is Thailand so why should everyone speak perfect english. We stayed at the Sheraton in Krabi 3 years ago which is a much smarter hotel but the Centara has a spectacular location with fabulous views so you have to make your own mind up as to what is top of your list when choosing a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge with one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang