We stayed for 11 nights in Feb and had a fantastic time. Really cannot understand some of the recent negative reviews. We stayed in an Ocean View Jacuzzi Spa room (1135) and, as another reviewer has pointed out, it had a fantastic view. The jacuzzi worked perfectly - thank you to the previous reviewer for getting it fixed for us ;-). Had a few visits from the local monkeys which was very entertaining.
Many of the rooms, including ours, are quite a hike away from the reception area - but what do people expect from a hillside resort? The resorts golf buggys will take you to your room if you really can't manage the walk. And there is no charge.
Almost without exception the whole of the staff are warm, friendly, cheerful and very helpful. The staff really helped make this a wonderful holiday. We didn't have any problems with language barriers. We don't speak Thai but luckily the staff here speak good English.
The pool area, we thought, was excellent. A bit cramped with all the (comfortable) sunbeds pushed up together but this wasn't an issue for us.
Didn't use the Monkey Trail (although we said we would) to get to Ao Nang ; instead we used the complimentary boat shuttle service and once we walked around the headland at low tide.
The hotel food was really excellent quality though to be honest it was quite expensive - especially compared to the abundance of dining options in Ao Nang. You pay your money and make your choice! Hopefully the high costs help keep the riff-raff out!!
We are going back around the same time next year as we were so impressed with the place. Although it is so near to the hustle and bustle of Ao Nang it is quite secluded and reasonably peaceful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, Fastbooking, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang