Blue Village Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ao Nang
See available hotels
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2011

This resort is a very romantice place! We were firstly welcome with warm herbal drinks (perfect for rainy day, unusual in February, as the manager told us). Our bunalow was clean and so nice that could make our honeymoon even more memorable.
Even Blue Village is not a 5 star hotel, the staff always gives me things more than we need. Their english is somtimes not so perfect enough to communicate with us but they can always understand what we want haha! They are so nice. I felt like a family :)
And their tropical garden, it was so beautiful. Also the swimming pool.
By the way, the bathroom, sometimes mosquitos can easily get in if you leave it open for too long but it was not a problem as long as they can spray our room with some herbal to get rid of them.
It is very nice to have a chance to write a review for this hidden-gem-resort so that other travellers can read our impressive experiences here.

One word, 'BEYOND EXPECTATIONS'! Congratulations for the staff :D

I promise I'll come back again when we have our first child!

(Unfortunately, we left our camera at a restaurant in Phi Phi.. We can't share photos :(

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We booked this place through www.b**king.com (hint--something with pages that you borrow from a library), who ended up being very helpful, but need to clarify their cancellation policies. I could see a lot of people in the future having nervous breakdowns with the notion that in cancelling their 2 week stay, they'd be forfeit to the first 2 nights stay plus 50% of the remainder. We booked for about 2 weeks online weeks before, arrived and saw the horror show that was our room, and decided to cancel the majority of the booking. We were willing to pay for 2 nights in good faith so they could give the booking to somebody else.

In all honesty, I have to give the hotel full marks for cleanliness. Though you can find a lot of litter leading up the road to this resort (and others), you won't find any here. There is a nice pool, and the staff are generally friendly, but they're clearly not very well trained in PR. There was an interminable wait for breakfast, they didn't have enough tables, or a big enough kitchen to accommodate a full load of tourists. It would have been faster just to give the guests their raw food and let them cook it. Or just scrap the breakfast option altogether. They had the landscaper double as a waiter, and he was slower than molasses and about as useful as a lighter at an ammunition depot. There were plenty of sour looks from other guests who had to wait forever for tables to empty.

It also didn't look so good when we could see various staff workers (mostly male) goofing off around the grounds, sometimes smoking--they could have been on their breaks, but who would know?

The lowest price in high season hovered around 1100 baht for the fan rooms, and it rose up to about 3300 for the family rooms, but we settled for one of the bungalows. Honestly, it was more like a shack, and wasn't worth the 2000 baht we were charged. There was no hot water--barely lukewarm, though the water pressure was excellent, but this wasn't the biggest problem--the bathrooms in most of the shacks are outdoors, connected by brickwork to the main rooms, but we had faulty screens and needed to lock each door (the front and the bathroom doors) in four different places.

The walls were paper thin--you could hear people carrying on conversations 10 metres away, and I'm sure they could hear ours. You just didn't feel secure at night. There were massive holes in the front door when it was locked and at its base even more space for mosquitoes to get in. No mosquito net, either. Their wi-fi worked very well.

From what I've read in past reviews, the only big changes noticeable in our shack was that they had replaced the wooden stairways to the bathroom to brick, but the steps are treacherous, and you've let a bunch of mosquitoes in every time you open it to do your business.

Our "deck chairs" were something out of a gynecologist's office, and you couldn't lay back for dislocating your spinal cord.

I should single out the worker named "Jane" who was the one shining gem of a worker--without her, I think the place would have been lost. As it was, she couldn't work miracles, and I hope she gets paid the most. I would rather have surly, efficient staff than friendly, useless staff, because I'm the one paying for the experience. In this case, paying through the nose. If she's smart, she'll find work at a better hotel.

I should add, in conclusion, when we gladly paid for our two nights stay/rip-off, the front desk staff slyly tried to add the price of another night's stay; thankfully we had the final word from B**king.com (in the form of an email) that they had to abide by. Jane explained the situation to the staff worker and the worker gave us snarky look. It was funny enough that when it came to ripping off the customers, their English was fabulous, but when I first tried to explain why we wanted to leave, their English was non-existent.

I realize that to a lot of Thais, tourists are nothing but walking dollar signs, but nobody should be treated this way. If Blue Village wants to succeed, there are a lot of things that will need to change. The first thing will have to be the disparity in prices. High season or not, this place is a big rip-off.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sweatcold
oOoJANEoOo, General Manager at Blue Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2011

Firstly, we are deeply sorry for all difficulties you have experienced. When there are nice reviews, there is always something different.
However, I personally believe that our resort's staff always tries very very hard to serve every guest the best things we can provide. Surely we want everyone to be happy when staying with us, but it is not always so easy to do.
As you told me that there is nothing wrong with this place when I asked you, I really believed so because I tried to ask for your opinion for future improvements. But, all you told us was that you expected 'something different that you coudln't explain'. We could do nothing, not even a chance to learn and improve, or even to make it right for you.
Please do not doubt about my smartness. I think it is quite rude to judge people's smartness just from where they work. And, I do really like where I'm working right now and never think about working for other hotels/resorts. Blue Village Resort where I learn things most.
Personally, it is harder to find friendly staff than efficient staff. All hotels and resorts are looking for crews with nice personalities first, efficiency comes a little later if you are not running a five-star-hotel. Friendly staff, they are eager to learn. In my opinion, within just 6 months, they improve very well. I am very satisfied because I believe in giving chances to people.
I think they just had to work according to the procedures, rules and the resort's normal practices, without bad intentions.
By the way, although our goal is 100% guests' satisfaction, we know that it is not easy. However, if 98% of our guests like, or even love, the ways we serve them, we have to maintain it as it is. We always try to make other 2% love us but another 1% is No-Show so we have no chance to serve them :)
Unfortunately, we normally don't ask guests to write reviews for us although we know they really love our resort. Maybe that is another reason why bad reviews show up pretty more often.
But, most of all, we are deeply sorry for all inconveniences. It would be nice if you can later help suggesting us what you like and what you don't like, so that we can improve to better services without having to follow on websites :)

Reviewed 11 December 2010

I recommend this resort sincethe services are great and the staffs are very helpful. I was there in November for a week for my holiday, I didn't leave the hotel for 4 days straight. The atmosphere was wonderful and peaceful. I'm from Australia and I'm looking forward to going back there again next year and I miss the food there.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paddington509
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Well, my boyfriend and me just arrived from Thailand, and we are so glad to stayed at Blue village. We felt like home, part of the staff did speak english or at least understand what were asked for. Anyway, very friendly and helpfull people. Room very clean and confortable.. Just loved the "bungalo" style in middle of nature. It's not far from the beach and shops... less than 10 min walk, also they offer a free transport to anywhere and anytime we wanted!! soooo friendly!!! free internet as well!! I definitely recommend this place to whoever wants to enjoy and relax your stay in Thailand... with a great bargain!!! Im very thankfull to everyone at Blue Village everything! Kind Regards Claudia Robinson ( Brazil, Australia)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I love the atmosphere of the decoration that is very harmonized with the landscape and nature at the island. And also the housemaid who can communicate in English wisely, this could suit your convenience with you need something.

The room and the pool is perfect for me.

The price comparing with the quality of service is acceptable and not exaggerate. I view that this hotel is a rising newcomer and is the one I would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends