“Great Place to Relax”

Peace Laguna Resort and Spa
Ranked #14 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 2 November 2007

We booked 6 nights at the Peace Laguna after seeing the place we had booked which was terrible. The Peace Laguna is built in natural setting near a limestone "hill". The resort has three pools and ofcourse a lagoon. The private cottages are on the shores of the lagoon which we loved. There are not very many actvities on the resort which is perfect if you want to just relax by the pool or read a book. Ofcourse if you need more activities, the resort staff are more than happy to reserve tours for you or you can just go to the beach which is a 2 minute walk from the resort. Our only complaint is the freshness of the pillows. For some reason the pillows always had a "smell" like humidity or something, but otherwise the pillows were clean and the cleaning staff was great. The location is excellent. The restaurant is very good however it is quite costly compared with the restaurants in the area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rmedina99

Reviewed 29 August 2007

On arrival we were greeted by pleasant and helpful hotel staff who escorted us to our room. I asked if we could change to a room next to the pool which was no problem (2019). The hotel was not very busy and having a sun bed next to the pool was always secured. The breakfast ran till 10a.m. and they were fine with a very good selection. We did not have lunch or dinner in the hotel as a few minutes walk there was lots of restaurants which were considerably cheaper. The beds were very hard but comfortable , the furnishings in our room was brown and cream and the shower was outside which I did note on other reviews some negative comments however it was just great to have a refreshing shower outside. We did have a superior room which was more than adequate. This was our second stay at this resort and we will be returning to Thailand next year and would if it was available stay at this hotel again as it was good value for money and the staff were excellent.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anton61
Reviewed 30 July 2007

We stayed here from 19 july 2007 to the 30th and unlike some other folks found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. So all the staff are not fluent in english but hey if that's your problem dont leave home. We had fun trying the few thai phrases we had mastered.
we would recommend this place to anyone

john and anne hak

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jhak
Reviewed 13 July 2007

We were very impressed with Peace Laguna. It is very nicely located – in the heart of Ao Nang BUT you wouldn’t know it because its very secluded. Easy access to beach and all the restaurants/tours in Ao Nang. The resort is framed by a spectacular limestone cliff; really gorgeous. Three pools, which are very nice. The dinners were very good – we ate their twice – and very reasonably priced. Breakfasts were included in room rate, which we liked – breakfast food was adequate, although a bit uninspired. The rooms are beautifully appointed. Staff was very helpful and English was just good enough to be of service. We thought it was excellent value and a terrific place to stay. Note that outdoor shower does not have hot water, which takes a little getting used to, and there’s a handheld shower wand in the tub (which does have hot water). Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

P.S. Booked thru sawadee.com -- bit reluctant b/c u have to prepay, but got a great rate, and it worked out well.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank usatraveler100
Reviewed 14 June 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Peace Laguna Resort for our honeymoon in early Feb 2007. We had initially booked for a deluxe cottage but on arrival, we were immediately upgraded to a private cottage. The cottage was beautifully decorated with rose petals on the bed and in the bathroom. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, going out of the way to assist us when my husband became ill with a nasty bout of food poisoning. The resort is conveniently located within walking distance to the main strip and beach but still tucked away, allowing us to enjoy the peace and quiet atmosphere. The breakfast was adequate but we did not find it necessary to eat at the resort restaurant as there are so many cheap and accessible restaurants within walking distance. Yes, the bed was on the firm side but not uncomfortable.
All in all, the Peace Laguna Resort was the perfect setting for a wonderful honeymoon.

TnT
Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TnT07
Reviewed 12 June 2007

I stayed in Laguna Beach Resort with a group of 28 doctors ( same group as in a previous review) and can verify every word is true.
Additional things that irritated me were for example the baggage handling. When we checked in, hotel staff told us they would bring our luggage to our rooms. This was on a very hot afternoon and everyone desperate to change to some lighter clothing. After 3 hours however, my bags were nowhere to be seen. I went looking and found my bags lying in some bushes on the grounds, nobody in sight looking after them.
The story repeaded itself when we checked out. We had made arrangements to keep our room until the afternoon, but on the day of check-out the hotel staff claimed ignorance of this deal and de-activated our room key. Then, our bags were moved out to the street where they were kept for hours unsuperviced. When we arrived on the Krabi airport, we found out that the staff had sent with our bus many bags not belonging to our group but other hotel guests ! I have no idea whether those bags made it back to the hotel or not.

The swimming pool had way too much chlorine ( or some other disinfectant). My bikini turned green and I haven't been able to wash it out, even with repeaded soakings. My friends hair also turned a bit green, and it has not washed out. The pool was too hot, it didn't seem to have any fresh water circulating in. There is no pool bar.

I was made to pay 1000 baht for a dinner buffet where the main course finished before I got any, but most of the sum was for drinks I neither ordered nor drank. I tried four times to order water with the dinner, but with no luck.

In conclusion: Nice looking hotel, but totally incompetent and unhelpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank DocGrad
Reviewed 7 June 2007

I stayed here with my mate and his girlfriend for 13 nights from the 5th to the 18th of May. They stayed in a private cottage(1107) and I was upgraded to a deluxe room(2209).The rooms are large and clean.The bathroom had a jacuzzi with a hand held shower head which wasn't very good because you had to squat down in the tub to use it. The outdoor shower was better although mine didn't flow properly until I fixed it by sticking an ashtray in the reservoir.I had a fantastic view of the mountain while showering and also from my front door.The layout of the resort is really lovely and peaceful but unfortunately the exteriors are looking tired and worn. I know this is just a 3 & 1/2 star resort but if they just did up the balconies & pool area it would really make this place like paradise. The sun loungers around the pools are missing slats and the umbrellas have rips in them. The balcony chairs in the superior /deluxe rooms are old and tatty. Its a shame. Breakfast was really nice. You had a good selection and because it was upstairs you had a great view over the resort and to the mountain. I thought the staff were very friendly and yes not all of them speak good english but I had no problems. By the way you can no longer get access to the beach from the back of the resort because the gate is locked at all times but it only takes about 10 minutes from the front entrance. This resort is for mainly couples or families. I enjoyed my stay here and would come again but my friends wouldn't because there was no proper shower in the rooms and they found the beds to be really hard and uncomfortable.

Stayed: June 2007