1,325 results
All reviewsprivate cottageoutdoor showersuperior roomthe cottagesao nang beachshort walk to the beachthe main streetthe breakfast areabuilding workbars and restaurantsmountain viewfew minutes walkbig roomthe cliffairport transferthai foodphi phi
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Beware - the rooms in reality look NOTHING like the photos - they are large concrete rooms which are stark and bare, and in desperate need of painting and repair. We booked a superior room over the Christmas period and were very disappointed with the condition of the hotel and the attitude of the staff. The manager insisted what we had was the superior room although it bore no resemblance. He refused to show us any other rooms for comparison or to upgrade us, saying the resort was fully booked (which was absolutely untrue). The "superior" rooms are the furthest from the beach and in 2 ugly concrete blocks with no view. The breakfast was very poor, the restaurant food shocking, the gym is tiny and the hotel in dire need of updating and repair. The walk to the beach through the back gate is smelly and unlit across a field and over a stream, and we didn't feel safe walking there at night. Overall it was a very unpleasant experience. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank freelove1517
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Ao Nang, Krabi was a little more commercial than we thought it would be, MacDonalds and Starbucks are just 5 mins from the resort, however the resort itself is hidden away from the hussel and bussel and when sunbathing at one of their three pools you quickly forget that its out there. On our last night we got upgraded from a superior room to a private cottage, this was a big bonus. The cottage has a jacuzzi bath and outdoor shower. The superior room was also lovely and was great for the other 5 nights that we stayed. The staff were lovely, breakfast was so - so, it did the trick. The pools were good and the beach was amazing!! A good spot if you like a blend of commercial mixed with a clean / quiet resort and very rustic / traditional beach! Watch out for the beach monkeys!

Room Tip: If you can, get the private cottages!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eilidh P
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed here for 1 night only. Hotel grounds lovely. rooms average.

The spa: excellent! It's located in the new wing so looks really new. Treatment rooms were very spacious and very reasonably priced. only $2500baht for couple 3 hour therapy session. Masseurs excellent - the lady featured in the hotel spa brochure initially did a body scrub on my wife and later on did a hot stone massage for myself. We were both very impressed with her skills and unanimously agreed she's given us the best massage we've ever experienced!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boocoid
Reviewed 4 December 2011

As you walk through the entrance the noisy chaos of Ao Nang is completely left behind and tranquility reigns!
A beautifully located hotel, nested around a lagoon at the feet of some impressive jungle-topped limestone stacks amongst neat gardens. We paid a little more and occupied one of the stilted bungalows on the edge of the lagoon, but the main hotel-block rooms were equally as huge, clean and tastefully furnished.
There were three clean swimming pools spread around the resort, almost always deserted. A 5 minute walk via a little pathway took us to Ao Nang beach with it's lovely sand, shallow sea, palm trees and stunning views.
The hotel staff were always smiling, attentive and relaxed. They constantly apologised for some maintenance that was taking place - to re-roof some bungalows and build flood defenses - but, to be honest, there was absolutely no disruption or noise. The safe in the room was broken, so the manager arranged a safe-deposit box for free. Nothing was too much trouble.
Breakfast was huge, something for absolutely everyone. Breakfast was the only time when the place felt busy, as the way the hotel is designed meant there was plenty of space to breathe.
Other than breakfast we didn't eat in the hotel restaurant because all the bars and restaurants of Ao Nang are just a 5 minute walk.
On the last day the manager recommended a superb seafood restaurant in the hills overlooking Ao Nang and organised their complimentary cab service for us.
In summary: a fabulous location, wonderful staff, total relaxation... exactly what a resort hotel should be - well done!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AIian
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I bought room promotion from "THAI THEW THAI FAIR" were held at Sirikit convention center on August 2011. I planed to to take my mom to travel during promotion period (within October 2011) However, during flood situation. I change date to November instead.
Upon my arrival and check-in. I noticed staff were not welcome us as I met other staffs in other hotel but not in this South or Krabi. I never been here before. So, I thought I imagined by myself. After that day be day I found more bad experience regarding staffs at the reception more and more and more. They were not help me to give some advises. For example about car rental. Front said it was not their jobs to help me to book the car.

Room Tip: bungalore are the good view and very private
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family