We booked a superior room for 3 nights at Peace Laguna Resort in Ao Nang, Krabi. On the plus side: it has a nice, quiet location about 100 meters off the main road in Ao Nang. The view of the limestone cliff and vegetation is wonderful, and the complimentary breakfast buffet is outstanding. A nice pool looks up at the mountainside. The girl (Anne) at the sightseeing desk was wonderful, and very helpful in arranging for us to rent a longboat for a day of island and beach sightseeing. I highly recommend renting a private longboat over selecting a tour with a dozen other tourists who you don't know, because the longboat driver waits for you as long as you like at each island destination. The cost was about 90 USD per day for about 6 to 8 hours of island hopping. Well worth it! Again, thanks to Anne!
On the minus side: The rooms were ok and very clean, but paint was peeling from some spots in our room and there were cracks in the walls. Not a huge deal. My biggest complaint with Peace Laguna Resort was that there was no free wifi in the room (hence, the "average" rating). You could pay to have wifi in your room, but a resort at this level should, at a minimum, provide free wifi in the rooms. Granted, you could take your computer to the lobby area and get access to free wifi (but only sometimes...connectivity was sketchy at best, pretty unreliable). There was a hard-wired computer available for guests, but only one, and it was usually occupied for long periods. The other problem with wifi access in the lobby is that the lobby doubles as a bar, and you have to be able to put up with people blowing cigarette smoke in your direction. Nearly all the guests at this hotel are northern Europeans, who can't seem to relax without a cigarette in their mouths. There seems to be no designated smoking areas, therefore no smoke-free areas. This hotel seems to be a little behind the times with regard to providing a smoke-free atmosphere.
So, if you are not a person who needs internet connection everyday, this hotel is entirely satisfactory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful setting with several lagoons and a great location. The Peace Laguna Resort & Spa is 4 star resort situated in Krabi, close to Ao Phra Nang Beach, and is made up of 149 cottages & rooms nestled snugly on a tranquil lake. The resort encompasses a very special blend of lush, unspoiled, tropical beauty and modern, luxurious living. It's quality and style blended with nature and is framed by a giant granite outcrop. The cottages are uniquely crafted from an embryonic spiral design and are equipped to the highest standards. Well located, only a short distance from all of Ao Nang's main attractions. Set against a backdrop of limestone cliffs around a central lagoon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Peace Laguna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peace Laguna Hotel Ao Nang
- Peace Laguna Krabi
- Peace Laguna Resort Krabi/Ao Nang