“Very nice hotel located near the beach, value for money”

Peace Laguna Resort
Ranked #22 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
“Very nice hotel located near the beach, value for money”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very nice hotel located near the beach, the monkey trail, and the massage-huts with stunning views on the Ao Nang cliff. Once out of the hotel you are immediately in de busy Main Street with shops, bars and restaurants. Luckily you can’t hear the noise on the hotel grounds. There are private bungalows around the lake, double bungalows, superior rooms and standard rooms. We had a superior room. Like the complete hotel, our room felt a little bit tired and in need for some minor repairs… Water leaking, in the bathroom, stained walls in need of some paint. The housekeeping staff was okay and surprised us with flower- and towel arrangements. Breakfast is okay but not wonderful. Very beautiful and well-kept garden with 3 swimming pools. It think the ratio between what you pay and what you get is rather fair. Do be careful when renting a motorbike! During our 3-week stay we saw several motorbike accidents with tourists.

Room Tip: When you’ve booked a superior room, ask to be put in bloc 5 or 6 but insist for a room on de first o...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Xodor,

I really appreciated your review. I found that your vacation with us was enjoyable and satisfaction. Our hotel location locates nearby shops, bar and restaurants but we have very unique location you didn't hear disturb noise from outside.
Refer to your comment about "Water leaking" i have informed this issue to our Engineer to resolve and check all detail.
Next time visit, if you have plan your holiday to Aonang, please feel free to contact me directly via sales@peacelagunaresort.com. I deeply hope to have a good opportunity to welcome you back again.

With best regards,

Mr. W. Timmy
15/02/2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 February 2014

we booked the standard room but when we checked in, we were upgraded to the bungalow. It was amazing. Large room, Jacuzzi, outdoors shower, direct view on the cliff. Very close to the beach and all attractions of Ao Nang beach. Very quiet. Bed very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear Jerome_KL,

You are very lucky man!. You got the upgrade from Standard to Deluxe Cottage. I think that we were fully booked for "Standard" then we have to honor you to Deluxe Cottage. Luckily, our Deluxe Cottage is very specious and well decorated. Jacuzzi and outdoor shower.
I still hope that your future trip to "Peace Laguna Resort" you will receive free upgrade again.

Your truly,

Mr. W. Weerachoke
Kolkata
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just wanted to say a big big 'Thank You' for all the hospitality and love from peace Laguna staff members right from Reception Desk to the Director of sales and marketing, Timmy. It was a pleasure staying at the wonderful resort with perfect view room and romantic set up bed.

Special mention of the breakfast and evening delight in the lobby. It is just fantastic with wide variety of breakfast to choose from and some cookies to enjoy at the lobby in the evening with a clear view of the pool.

Surely looking for an anniversary visit next year and I hope we find the same people and same room to receive us.

No negative feedback as such as everything was positive but just an advice that the wifi should reach to the rooms also not limited it to the lobby only.

Cheers!!!

Dear Kafil_ahmed86,

I have to say "With our pleasure" to serve you. As we exchanged many e-mail conversation before you arrive. I myself and my team make sure that your stay with us could have been perfect.
Absolutely, when you arrived. I had check our Housekeeping about 'Honeymoon room decoration" you waited until 2.00 p.m. as our check in time. Surprisingly, you get what you asked. We set up room as Honeymoon. I feel very happy to see both of you were impress about the room.
For free "Wi fi " service, i hope that our MD will consider and provide as "complimentary"in all guest room soonest.
Let's me arrange your next time visit as "Anniversary" we again would like to organize and arrange your room decoration.

Look forward to welcome you back again in the near future or even this year.

Sincerely yours,

Mr. W. Timmy
Gyeongsan, South Korea
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The Peace Laguna Hotel resembled that of a hidden gem. Its grounds were well kept and maintained AND the view was spectacular!

THE GOOD
My friends and I had booked two superior rooms. This particular room was the best I've ever stay in outside of the U.S. The safe looked top notch and we utilized it a lot. The closet space was VERY GENEROUS. Each day, we were given two complimentary bottles of water. There was a kettle that could be used to make tea or coffee with which the hotel supplied on a daily basis. The biggest surprise was the make-up dresser - SO SPACIOUS! There was a Samsung TV in the room. The hotel offered a nice variety of channels. My friend and I loved watching HBO movies each morning while getting ready. The couch was huge as was the balcony. There were two chairs that could be used for sunbathing. There were some palm trees directly in front of the balcony, but we didn't really mind because they blocked the sunlight and the other hotel rooms across the courtyard. The beds were really big for twin beds (perhaps they were full) and they were very comfortable. We'd been living the backpacker life two weeks prior to our arrival. I'm pretty sure we got the best sleep the week we stayed at Peace Laguna. The bathroom was pretty much amazing! I really liked that the separate bath tub and shower were set apart from the rest of the bathroom by a glass door. It's less messy that way.

Each morning, the hotel offered a buffet breakfast and it was DELICIOUS! My friends and I live in South Korea so we don't get to have the typical North American or English breakfast as it doesn't exist there. I haven't been home in over a year. But the bacon, fruit, omelets, pancakes/waffles and pastries reminded me so much of home.Thank you for that. It was much appreciated.

THE NOT SO GOOD
With regards to the TV, my suggestion would be to regularly check that the batteries aren't dead.

The shower head was a little clogged due to calcium, lime, or rust. But my friend called the front desk and they sent a housekeeper to fix it. Problem solved! Also, the shower tended to leak outside of the left side of the bathroom door. We just used one of the many towels we were given to soak up the water.

My friend and I ended up killing about a dozen mosquitoes in our room the first night. Our other friends were in a room nearby and didn't have any problem with mosquitoes. My guess is that the maids left the balcony door open for too long. We ended up applying bug spray like it was lotion. Thankfully, we didn't get bitten.

The first night, there was a geico-looking lizard in our room (smaller than the palm of my hand). My friend and I were going to leave it alone because we figured it could just eat the mosquitoes that were in our room. However, when we came back from dinner one night, it decided to come out of hiding. We had to call someone to come and get it out. He didn't mean to kill it, but I'm pretty sure he did...=(

Each night there's also a guy who plays music in the lobby for a few hours. Additionally, the hotel also hosts parties for organizations on its premises. One night, there were drinks and a business party in the lobby for another organization. This was confusing for many guests as each day between 4:00 p.m. and 4:45 p.m., the hotel offers coffee/tea and cookies/muffins. Many of the guests walked by and thought that the drinks which were intended for those individuals that were there for the business party, were actually for them. I watched one of the hotel representatives go up to several of the hotel guests and inform them that the drinks that were in their hands were not actually theirs. Some of the guests were so embarrassed. One lady and her friend ran away so quickly, that's how ashamed they were. My suggestion is this, DON'T HAVE FUNCTIONS IN THE LOBBY AREA! It's the only place where you offer wi-fi. Also, it's the same place you offer free food and drinks on a daily basis to the guests at your hotel. So when you place food and drinks in the SAME area for your functions for other organizations, it's confusing to people!

THE INTERESTING
My friends and I are all in our twenties. It appeared to me that we were the youngest group staying here. Sure there were younger children, but they were with their parents. It seemed like the majority of the people here were in their early 40s or older. We didn't mind it because we wanted to relax and lounge around. If that's what kind of vacation you're looking for, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great location although not beach front it was within easy walking distance, very close to bars shops and restaurants.
The hotel had 3 good pools, the main pool was busy often no sun beds available but the other pools were quieter.
The breakfast area was busy most mornings but there was a good selection food.
The room was large and clean the bathroom was recently refurbished but the shower was poor not a very good flow and went hot and cold,,
Most of the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: We had a good room however if I had the choice again I would choose one of the lodges.
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed at Peace Laguna in 28-29/Nov/2013 with my wife and 2 years old kid on our 5th wedding anniversary.

I booked from Agoda and made prior inquiry before going there. Initially they were not able to find my booking, but finally it got settled. It seems there is serious technical problem between resort and booking companies like Agoda.
My suggestion to visitors is to make sure your booking by call to avoid any confusion.
Hotel should understand that Overbooking or similar technical issues ruin the holiday spirit, and they should immediately take some serious action to solve it. It is damaging reputation of this resort.

Anyways......

Overall resort: Okay maintained. very Peaceful. Perfect for relaxation.
Close to main Ao-Nang street, still very peaceful.
Good breakfast with variety
WiFi available only at main lobby

Room:
We stayed in Superior room.
Clean and spacious room, white sheets, great cliff view (with a hint of sea) from balcony
General renovation will boost its popularity.

Staff:
Friendly and polite..smiling..helpful.
active, not proactive though.
One example:We were with a small kid and baby pram, but they allocated 3rd floor with good view but no lift. We need to carry baby pram every time which was mood spoiler. The Block in front of us was having life and rooms were empty also. If they are little proactive, they could ask us to choose between good view or lift convenience.

Conclusion:
We will think to come back next year, if they resolve their overbooking issue and undergo a basic renovation.

Room Tip: Don't go for Standard room. Superior Rooms are far better. Ask for block with lift, if you are w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Kapilshr,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your travel experience with us. As you mention about Reservation status i sincerely apology about "overbooked" situation happen between us and our business partner as AGODA. However, all guest who had this overbooked or relocated to alternative hotel where we provided we make sure that guest must receive a good customer service. In the same time, i'm very happy to know that your stay with us were pleasant one in every respect. Our Superior Room is very spacious and well decor. If you would like to come back to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me via sales@peacelagunaresort.com. I'm very glad to offer you "Loyalty guest benefit"

Timmy
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed at the hotel two weeks.The hotel was close to the main road but it was still very peaceful. The yard was beautiful with trees and several pools. Our room was on the fourth floor of the hotel. The view from our balcony was awesome, sea, forest and the mountain!

The location was excellent, Hotel is very near the Ao Nang beach.The staff were vey friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good with all the fruits and large variety of other food and drinks.

I have only one complain. We stayed in this hotel two weeks, but the cleaners cleaned up our room only every third day?! We ask them about this and they always said that they come, but no....

Kokeile uutta selainta, joka kääntää automaattisesti.Lataa Google ChromeOhita

ruotsi

yksi moite

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sittikka 100,

Greetings from "Peace Laguna Resort and Spa"
A perfect harmony.

Thank you very much for your stay with us as your long holiday. We are very happy to hear that you were enjoyable during your vacatin. However, there is some complaint about Housekeeping issue concern "Cleanliness" we are improving for this matter. Our management team try working hard to resolve this problem. I promise you that next time visit you will receive a good room cleanliness quality.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have plan to visit "Aonang" make sure that you will stay with us again.

Sincerely yours,