I stayed with my husband at the Peace Laguna for 3 nights in a 'deluxe cottage' - there was nothing deluxe about this hotel though.
The hotel is run by very young staff - they seem very unprofessional and you cannot extract a word of English from them.
The towels were in an appaling condition - I assume they were once white but from years of use had turned to grey and were frayed and worn. Not quite the standard I would expect from a hotel that costs £110 per night. When I used the towels they made me feel more unclean than before I showered.
There were two showers, one which is outdoors - but only runs cold water and the indoor one is a 'hand shower' which is only useful if you are about 4 foot high as it doesnt extend very far.
Breakfast is disgusting I thought I had arrived at a place like Butlins - the room overlooks the pool where someone with a perma tan was chainsmoking whilst lying on a towel with a picture of a lion on it and the next sunbed along was 'reserved' (this is the type pf place the Laguna is) with a towel that had a picture of a wolf on it; classy this was not, the calibre of guests was not what I was expecting. Anyway, I digress.
There was a minimal range of fried foods and cereals that is exposed to flys and crammed into a small area. It reduced me to tears as I had just come from the Westin hotel where the breakfast was fantastic - all I could eat here was a slice of toast, after that first visit I could not face going again so went without breakfast the next two days - it was that unpleasant.
We returned to the room at 3pm one day and the room had not been cleaned. We called for towels and these took 15 minutes to arrive.
Another night we were out and it rained heavily, when we returned the room had flooded damaging a case of clothes which we had left on the floor packed for our flight the next day. We called the front desk and two young boys came to our room - all they did was exclaim "wow" and laughed. They left the door open to the balcony as well so overnight mosquitos came in and I was bitten numerous times. They said they would come back to clear it up but at 3am we didnt want to wait forever so we told them to come back in the morning. We were told then after theyy cleared it up that the manager would call about compensation but we have not heard anything, not a surprise really as their customer service is terrible.
I tried to order room service on 2 occasions, both times the phone just rang out. Have never experienced anything like it. Anytime I called reception they were unable to understand me. Another time we arrived back at midnight and found the receptionist asleep behind the desk!
A final note is - please find somewhere else if you are looking for a pleasant and clean stay where poeple can help make your stay enjoyable as this will certainly not fit the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the middle of Aonang, Krabi, you will find our resort with a picturesque view of the famous cliff of Aonang as a backdrop, a peaceful lagoon that surrounds the resort and a short walk to the popular Aonang beach. Our unique cottages are well blended with nature that offers comfort and Thainess experience. The resort is a 4 star resort with 149 spacious and modern rooms and cottages. Our guest can enjoy our 3 pool. Our outlets offer all day dining with a taste of Thai and international cuisine. Time to rejuvenate, visit our Maya Spa for private treatment. Any occasions and events can be held at our Grand Ballroom. While staying with us, you are just few steps away to all the hustle and bustle that Aonang can offer. Shops, restaurants, coffee shops and bars are just at our doorstep. Only a boat ride away, you will reach the popular and famous islands of Krabi. Relax with us! rest at our hanging chairs, enjoy an afternoon delight while connected to social world with free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Peace Laguna Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peace Laguna Hotel Ao Nang
- Peace Laguna Krabi
- Peace Laguna Resort And Spa Krabi/Ao Nang