We were on a budget trip but wanted to splurge here and there. Being low season we thought it was a great opportunity to stay in a luxury resort at a lower cost, although still expensive considering. Probably the thing I found most annoying is this was our second resort we decided to splurge on and like the first, they both had amazing websites with cottages on the water and beautiful landscapes. But the websites must only show their top rooms. There are 5 room types and we paid for a Deluxe room which was the 2nd most expensive but still did not have a view of the amazing mountain and only a view of the back section of the lagoon. And the cottages were nothing like what they look like on their website. I've looked at their website again but even knowing now, it is still deceiving. The only pictures they show from the outside are the Private cottages (most expensive ones.) But when you book a Deluxe cottage even though you may be paying less, you still have only seen vision of these ones and expect something similar. The photo's show nice decks over the water but ours were set back and just a view of the lagoon. The deck chairs were ridiculously old style looking. . The girls on reception were lovely but there was definitely a language barrier, they may have their job because they can speak english but alot of questions were met with looks of "I don't have a clue what you're asking me". It made everything at reception a slow process. It took us about 20 mins to check out. Also another reviewer said their Internet wasn't working, yes, still wasn't working for me either. And they charge for Internet, not acceptable in a big resort. I paid $15 a night in shabby places and still had free high speed internet. Come on Peace Laguna! The Breakfast was excellent, top marks there for both food and staff service, including the Friendly Chefs. There are new rooms in hotel style out the front of the resort that look amazing. If I had my time over I would probably opt for these. They look top class and are cheaper than the Cottages that are looking tired and need a revamp.
When you're paying more than you usually would because you can't resist how lovely it looks on a website and then you arrive and don't get what you expected, its disappointing.
It is still a lovely place to stay, with nice people and nice food but my review is more critical because of my expectations when paying more than usual.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the middle of Aonang, Krabi, you will find our resort with a picturesque view of the famous cliff of Aonang as a backdrop, a peaceful lagoon that surrounds the resort and a short walk to the popular Aonang beach. Our unique cottages are well blended with nature that offers comfort and Thainess experience. The resort is a 4 star resort with 149 spacious and modern rooms and cottages. Our guest can enjoy our 3 pool. Our outlets offer all day dining with a taste of Thai and international cuisine. Time to rejuvenate, visit our Maya Spa for private treatment. Any occasions and events can be held at our Grand Ballroom. While staying with us, you are just few steps away to all the hustle and bustle that Aonang can offer. Shops, restaurants, coffee shops and bars are just at our doorstep. Only a boat ride away, you will reach the popular and famous islands of Krabi. Relax with us! rest at our hanging chairs, enjoy an afternoon delight while connected to social world with free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Asiatravel.com Holdings, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Peace Laguna Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peace Laguna Hotel Ao Nang
- Peace Laguna Krabi
- Peace Laguna Resort And Spa Krabi/Ao Nang