“Beautiful and Relaxing”

Peace Laguna Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 14 June 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Peace Laguna Resort for our honeymoon in early Feb 2007. We had initially booked for a deluxe cottage but on arrival, we were immediately upgraded to a private cottage. The cottage was beautifully decorated with rose petals on the bed and in the bathroom. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, going out of the way to assist us when my husband became ill with a nasty bout of food poisoning. The resort is conveniently located within walking distance to the main strip and beach but still tucked away, allowing us to enjoy the peace and quiet atmosphere. The breakfast was adequate but we did not find it necessary to eat at the resort restaurant as there are so many cheap and accessible restaurants within walking distance. Yes, the bed was on the firm side but not uncomfortable.
All in all, the Peace Laguna Resort was the perfect setting for a wonderful honeymoon.

TnT
Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TnT07
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed 12 June 2007

I stayed in Laguna Beach Resort with a group of 28 doctors ( same group as in a previous review) and can verify every word is true.
Additional things that irritated me were for example the baggage handling. When we checked in, hotel staff told us they would bring our luggage to our rooms. This was on a very hot afternoon and everyone desperate to change to some lighter clothing. After 3 hours however, my bags were nowhere to be seen. I went looking and found my bags lying in some bushes on the grounds, nobody in sight looking after them.
The story repeaded itself when we checked out. We had made arrangements to keep our room until the afternoon, but on the day of check-out the hotel staff claimed ignorance of this deal and de-activated our room key. Then, our bags were moved out to the street where they were kept for hours unsuperviced. When we arrived on the Krabi airport, we found out that the staff had sent with our bus many bags not belonging to our group but other hotel guests ! I have no idea whether those bags made it back to the hotel or not.

The swimming pool had way too much chlorine ( or some other disinfectant). My bikini turned green and I haven't been able to wash it out, even with repeaded soakings. My friends hair also turned a bit green, and it has not washed out. The pool was too hot, it didn't seem to have any fresh water circulating in. There is no pool bar.

I was made to pay 1000 baht for a dinner buffet where the main course finished before I got any, but most of the sum was for drinks I neither ordered nor drank. I tried four times to order water with the dinner, but with no luck.

In conclusion: Nice looking hotel, but totally incompetent and unhelpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank DocGrad
Reviewed 7 June 2007

I stayed here with my mate and his girlfriend for 13 nights from the 5th to the 18th of May. They stayed in a private cottage(1107) and I was upgraded to a deluxe room(2209).The rooms are large and clean.The bathroom had a jacuzzi with a hand held shower head which wasn't very good because you had to squat down in the tub to use it. The outdoor shower was better although mine didn't flow properly until I fixed it by sticking an ashtray in the reservoir.I had a fantastic view of the mountain while showering and also from my front door.The layout of the resort is really lovely and peaceful but unfortunately the exteriors are looking tired and worn. I know this is just a 3 & 1/2 star resort but if they just did up the balconies & pool area it would really make this place like paradise. The sun loungers around the pools are missing slats and the umbrellas have rips in them. The balcony chairs in the superior /deluxe rooms are old and tatty. Its a shame. Breakfast was really nice. You had a good selection and because it was upstairs you had a great view over the resort and to the mountain. I thought the staff were very friendly and yes not all of them speak good english but I had no problems. By the way you can no longer get access to the beach from the back of the resort because the gate is locked at all times but it only takes about 10 minutes from the front entrance. This resort is for mainly couples or families. I enjoyed my stay here and would come again but my friends wouldn't because there was no proper shower in the rooms and they found the beds to be really hard and uncomfortable.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank griff500
Reviewed 30 May 2007

Just come back from Thailand wich I though was wonderful. Was there with fellow doctors and spouses all in all 28 people. We had been in Bangkok, Chang Mai and in some rural villages were we stayed with local tribes for 2 nights. We got great service and were facinated with the people and the country.

THEN we went to Krabi. The hotel is picture perfect. We stayed at a deluxe room wich was clean and big. However the shower was not working and there were some stains in the bathtub. So I called the reception to let them know but nothing was made of it. We went to the hotel lobby and bar the first nigt with the others from the group. Began to order drinks only to find out that there were no white wine, no bubblies, no diet coke and just about 20 beers. You could forget about ordering a Mohijto.

So we decided to go somewhere else but we asked if they could order sometings for the following days wich they said ok to. The next 3 days were terrible. The lobby couldn´t help you with anything. Nothing was ordered to stock up the bar. It took about 15 minutes to get the bills for what they had at the bar and 95% of the staff did not speak English. Our local travel agent trid to speak to the manager to fix tinghs for us but he had to wait 3 hours for him and then he said " to bad".

We were considerably bothered by this but then the headwaiter offered to us a special buffet on the final night to make it up for us how the service had been. They said to us that we would get a complimentary coctail and we could decide the menu. So the following evening we went to dinner. We got our coctail wich was not tasty but they just kept on coming but since they were included we didn´t complain. The buffet ran out before everybody got some and then the bill came with 44 coctails fore aprox. 250 $. They said that it was not included and that we had to pay. So we talked ton the front desk manager that said that maybe it was the headwaiters mistake and he would take it of his salery. We didn´t want that and no matter what we said the manager wouldn´t give in. We left rigth away and went to another bar and said we would pay in the morning. The check out took about 20 minutes per couple and we decided thet the last man checking out would pay the bill from the night before so there woudn´t be any hastle. When one of my collegues forgot her ring in her room they said that she woudn´t get it back until we paid the 250$ from the night before.

I have NEVER got service like that and I would rather stay in a snakepit than staying at this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Snorrido
Reviewed 7 May 2007

Stayed here for 5 nights w/my wife and 3 year old son. The hotel is beautifully set in front of an amazing limestone mountain with a laguna in the center of the grounds. We had a deluxe room on the second floor which was very spacious and clean. Service was good but many of them do not speak English well so communication can be a challenge. They are all very friendly and helpful. My son loved the pool with the seahorse fountains shooting into the pool. Breakfast was average but sufficient, although you need to go early to get the fresh fruit and hot entrees as they don't seem to replace too often. Location is great as it is only 5 minute walk from Ao Nang beach. Lots of shops, restaurants and sidewalk vendors. Highly recommend the BBQ chicken and papaya salad sold by the lady working on the corner of the street that turns into the hotel (she is very popular w/locals and tourists). I would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank nipbone
Reviewed 18 April 2007

The hotel was nicely set out and the pool lovely. The room decor was not to our taste, too fussy and brightly lit; and kitchen in the room unnecessary. The staff spoke poor English and were not always very helpful, they don't arrange transfers from the hotel but suggest you go to an independednt travel agent in town! They also asked repeatedly for us to stay for dinner at the hotel even though we explained we'd prefer to eat elsewhere (without a cabaret singer!). Breakfast was great, lots of choice and amazing setting.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2007

The hotel is a little tired looking. Needs an update and general cleanup of rooms and ground before I would recommend it to friends. Didn't see the standard room, but they were below us and we were on top in the deluxe room with a peaked wooden ceiling. Breakfast buffet was okay.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple