“Is it jail or resort??”

Andamanee Boutique Resort
Ranked #66 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is one type of jail ....the huge staff (max 3 girls only) ..... Check in time 2o' clock n they give us room at 4o' clock....hot water not available n some times available but in afternoon not morning .....and so far from beach, you have to pay 50 baht per person ....
now one more thing you don't believe in my next sentence,"this whole resort handling by 3 girls only ( cooking,receptionist,room service etc....) in short i will say if resort will give u money for stay than u should not waste your memorable holiday....!!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Keval999
There are newer reviews for Andamanee Boutique Resort

Reviewed 20 February 2013

The staff were friendly and willing to help and always with a smile on their face, but it was very disorganised and understaffed. The rooms were lovely (we stayed in a pool view room).
A few improvements such as proper staffing at the restaurant, someone to help with luggage and a proper running bar would make all the difference. It is about a 10minute tuktuk ride to the main part of Ao Nang but we didn't find this a problem and it was about 50baht per person one way.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I lived in this hotel for 3 days.
Let's start with first day.

Day 1
No one to pick and drop our luggauge in our room.
Before even welcoming we were given list of rules and regulations.
On arguing about some rules, they simply asked us to leave the hotel in most disgraceful manner.
No intercom facility working in room.
Bed was making funny noises even without playing games with my wife.

Day 2
At break fast, no one to answer which dishes are vegetarian. When found someone and asked I got replied in such a way that I preferred not eating only.
Ordered coke and sprite in my room(no intercom so ordered after going to reception) but unluckily I didn't receive it for 3 hours. Then my wife went there and collected the order.
And don't forget that in this hotel you are charged for even ice cubes.
No hot water for shower available.

Day 3
Cockroaches are noticed in room, No one will come to your room to clean them up.

Strongly not recommend this hotel because of lack of hospitality and comfortness.

And don't argue with the receptionist, her friend is in police and she keeps warning us if we want to go to police station.

Location is also disadvantage. It is no where closer to beach. No easy transport available.

All thanks to gn tours and travels, bhavnagar, gujarat, india to give us such a horrible experience in beautiful place like Krabi.

• Stayed: February 2013
6  Thank Truesayer9
Reviewed 12 January 2013

The hotel looks very nice and is build around the swimming pool. The apartment we had was spacious, clean and had a really great shower (next to a bath). The swimming pool is really a plus, consisting of a separate area for small children, a whirl pool area and the swimming area.
The staff at the desk sometimes seems to be somewhat stressed, but in the end the took care of all our wishes. f.i. they reserved a room for us at the 3 floor, but because my wife can´t walk that good, I asked for a room at the 1st floor. The first reaction was "but then I have to re-plan everything", but then our request was fulfilled.
The breakfast was compared to my other experiences in Thailand really below the level it should be: every day the same, (what they think) western oriented breakfast with a very limited choice and not fresh. We discussed this with the staff and next they they had a fried rice for us, but also for this dish there was some room for improvement ......
The hotel has a free shuttle service that brings you to and from Ao nang. If you miss the last shuttle, you can take a tuk-tuk from Ao nang, this costs you 100 Baht.
There is a really nice beach before you reach Ao nang (also popular by the local Thai): from Andamanee go to the main road (app. 400 meter), turn right, after 800 meters you get to a crossing go straight (left goes to Ao nang), after 200 meter you get to the beach.
All in all Andamanee is a nice place to stay. If you are looking for a quiet spot, good rooms, great pool and dont mind the shuttling and the skimpy breakfast.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank P_vandenBerg_60
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I spent one night in this hotel at the end of my visit to Ao Nang. It was close to New Year's eve and this hotel seemed to be one of the few with available rooms in this period.

I really enjoyed my stay but I have to say that I was looking for a quiet place to relax before starting my long journey to Europe. The hotel is not walking distance from Ao Nang beach and town and you need to use either a taxi or the free shuttle bus that the hotel offers at various times of the day. To come back from town you can either get a tuk tuk -cheaper than a taxi- or use the free transportation the hotel offers although this is not applicable in the evenings.

The room was stunning, large and comfortable. It had air conditioning and it was the first night in Thailand that I did not get a single mosquito bite during the night. The staff was incredible friendly and helpful. The restaurant was quite basic but as it is on a second floor, it has nice views over the swimming pool, and its surroundings are nicely decorated.

Breakfast was fine but not as good as I would expect looking at the quality of the building and rooms.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quite place to relax.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Nice hotel but not within walking distance of Ao Nang at all. About a 10 min (100baht/per person) ride from town. Hotel does offer free taxi service at scheduled times about 3 hrs apart throughout the day till 6 pm. The resort was not very busy even though the rest of Ao Nang was pretty much sold out. the pool bar was never open, pool fountains never on or even the jacuzzi area. The restaurant is extremely expensive and there is nowhere close by to eat so you need to take a taxi to town to get reasonably priced food.
House cleaning would never change our towels or stock anything back up over 7 days, always had to ask the desk for everything. Wifi worked good. Breakfast was okay, 5/10 rating. Room was big. There is about a million crickets behind the hotel that would start every morning at 6 am. Very annoying if you want to sleep. Pretty expensive considering location and everything. I would look for a hotel closer to Ao Nang for the same price.

Room Tip: Get a pool view, way better then garden view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OnTheGo-2013
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Hotel is nice but poorly managed and lacking in customer service.

They lost my laundry for two days (attempt to scam me into staying?)

The room was not ready for 1.5hrs after I arrived.

They refused to let me pay for incidentals with credit and then attempted to short me when changing money.

Staff audibly fought in front of guests.

Odd location requires one take a bus anywhere , which are infrequent.

Food was sub-par.

Nice pool. Clean rooms.

Not worth half what they charge.

• Stayed: January 2013